Cheesy GE From The Past

:devin: :angel: I agree!!! Cadets had a great show that year Especially the "One Nation Under GOD". We should always remember this and be proud to be American. I was sorry that I missed Finals that year.

Easily one of my favorite moments on the field from that summer. Got goosebumps every time they recited the pledge. Loved it.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hamster Wheels of death? Is that from the Circus show?

Speaking of hamster wheels of death, what about Les Etoiles' rotating drummer torture devices of the mid-90's? Those were not only cheesy, they induced vomiting!

no the hamster wheels were from the space show in 1986. guard had silver fright wigs, and they had these large silver wheels that they would stap a guard member in - visualize the Davinci spread eagle man- and then they would roll the cage across the field.

only used them during first tour - I never got to see the wheels in action, but did see them by the truck - a second equipment truck was used just to move the hamster wheels across the country.

no the hamster wheels were from the space show in 1986. guard had silver fright wigs, and they had these large silver wheels that they would stap a guard member in - visualize the Davinci spread eagle man- and then they would roll the cage across the field.

only used them during first tour - I never got to see the wheels in action, but did see them by the truck - a second equipment truck was used just to move the hamster wheels across the country.

I got to see them used twice on first tour...they were pretty cumbersome, but it was always Zingali's way to dream big.

And just like the grail, the wheels too have been buried :bleah:

I should have shown more respect and thought out my POST!

I do love Star, I have been lucky to have spent so much time side by side with them in the midwest. When I marched with Scouts, we didn't have many snacks after shows, me and some of my brothers would often be found in line, wearing or Scout jackets (not sneeking) being fed by their cook staff.

The puzzle-piece taxis that came together in Cadets 99. Talk about telegraphing an effect.

But you know, I thought the rotating plane in Cadets 92 was genius.

Hmm...what else?

The male members of the color guard playing "Icarus" in Crown 03(?)

I disagree stongly. There's a line between patriotism on the one hand and jingoism and pandering on the other. The Cadets crossed it.

There is nothing cheesy about God or Patriotism in my book. I guess some people need to be reminded that our ancestores came over to America so that they could practice religion without being persecuted. I think the Cadets spoke these words "One Nation Under God" because of some of the political problems with having the Ten Commandments in a public building and parents complaining that we should Not have our children saying "The Pledge of Allegance" in school because it has God in it. :bleah: Also, I think Drum and Bugle Corps were started as VFW's and American Legions marching in Parades and playing Patriotic songs and to Honor the Veterens. God Bless America and Drum Corp. :angel:

The Pink Elephants never spun the rifle. It was the Panda Bear that did the rifle. :)

Tony

That's true - but still CHEESE. :)

There's so much cheese in that 1987 show that you could feed the entire continent of Africa with it.

^0^ ^0^ ^0^

There is nothing cheesy about God or Patriotism in my book. I guess some people need to be reminded that our ancestores came over to America so that they could practice religion without being persecuted. I think the Cadets spoke these words "One Nation Under God" because of some of the political problems with having the Ten Commandments in a public building and parents complaining that we should Not have our children saying "The Pledge of Allegance" in school because it has God in it. :bleah: Also, I think Drum and Bugle Corps were started as VFW's and American Legions marching in Parades and playing Patriotic songs and to Honor the Veterens. God Bless America and Drum Corp. :angel:

It's Cheese when you do it for a GE score