Cavaliers post show clip (Music only)

http://www.cavaliers.org/cgi-bin/news.pl?c...howstory&id=675

Okay, we get some stuff from Cavies!

Sounds pretty cool!

A couple of chords remind me vaguely of Night in Tunisia.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely love it :laugh:

Very seamless within percussion, within brass and a seamless dovetailing from one to the other...

Seamless (did I say that yet?) and organic, all imo

Edited by JMS0527

Anyone else note the B A C H type motive in the vibes at the start?

The cavaliers demonstrated on that short clip probably one of the important aspects of being a successful musician (or musicians in the cavaliers case). That quality is sound. I am a horn guy, and the horns in that the short clip displayed a more mature and more beautiful sound approach than I have had heard from any early season hornline. My frame of reference is listening to the cadets and play their ballad and having myself being underwhelmed by the quality of sound that was coming from the group even during a section that is supposed to be absolutely beautiful. In recent years, the Cavaliers have not always been the loudest or musically exciting to your average person, but I have said since their 2002 season that they are producing some of the most beautiful sounds on the football field. Anyone is producing a good sound will have my ear any day and in the competitive arena will 95% of the time recieve a higher score than a group that plays with a less than desirable sound. Bravo to the cavaliers for displaying such high level of musicianship in early June.

The cavaliers demonstrated on that short clip probably one of the important aspects of being a successful musician (or musicians in the cavaliers case). That quality is sound. I am a horn guy, and the horns in that the short clip displayed a more mature and more beautiful sound approach than I have had heard from any early season hornline. My frame of reference is listening to the cadets and play their ballad and having myself being underwhelmed by the quality of sound that was coming from the group even during a section that is supposed to be absolutely beautiful. In recent years, the Cavaliers have not always been the loudest or musically exciting to your average person, but I have said since their 2002 season that they are producing some of the most beautiful sounds on the football field. Anyone is producing a good sound will have my ear any day and in the competitive arena will 95% of the time recieve a higher score than a group that plays with a less than desirable sound. Bravo to the cavaliers for displaying such high level of musicianship in early June.

i totally agree with you! everyone bashes the Cavaliers because they are not *loud* I'll take gorgeous and blended sound before over blown rubbish anyday. Bravo to The Cavaliers!

I don't think they have any issues with volume anyway