£10 ($10) Bet

Honestly, it is very hard to say. I think it will probably end up in a head to head race between BD, Cavies, and Cadets, and I am going to have to go with the Cavies. I like their pilosophy of teaching better in just about every aspect of what they do and they are going to have an incredible year, along with everyone else :) .

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll put $10 on 10.

Not really, but I would put $10 on Cavies, Cadets, or BD winning it, but that's almost like putting $10 on red and black in roulette!

There is always the off chance of 0 or 00 though

(Finals night as Brent Crocker's voice rings across the stadium speakers)...

In sixth place, with a score of 94.9, from Fort Mills, South Carolina, Carolina Crown.

In fifth place, with a score of 95.6, from Allentown, Pennsylvania, the Cadets.

In fourth place, with a score of 96.2, from Canton, Ohio, the Bluecoats.

(immediately followed by)

Ladies and Gentlemen, there is a tie.

In first place with scores of 98.5...

Could you imagine???? It could happen...

:P

So, then the immediate question is, who gets the silver and bronze medal?

Elmo Blatch

my money would probably have to go with BD for the win, with Cavies, Cadets, and SCV right behind in that order.

So, I guess I have this question. Why? Why Cavies, Cadets, BD? <**> Because of what they've done in the recent past? What's to say these programs won't suck except for past reputation? Again, I go back to corps getting the benefit of the doubt for shows that, if performed by lesser venerated corps, would probably have finished somewhere between 6-12. In fact, I'll wager that Euro-trash that if BD, Cadets, or Cavies shows had been done by Boston, Glassmen, and Spirit, they wouldn't even have sniffed the top 6. (jumps off soap box)

I for one am ready for almost anyone other than those 3 to finish in the top 3. Drum corps does not need dynasties or monopolies. But that is exactly what we have, and frankly, I'm sick of it. But that's just my opinion. I'm ready for the Blue Coats to make a serious run.

RM - "In first place, again,........... Hello? Where'd everybody go?

ampssuck

So, I guess I have this question. Why? Why Cavies, Cadets, BD?

If you had the chance to watch the Cavaliers at all days, you would understand why they come out well every year. The instructional staff (which just keeps getting better and better) prepares them so efficiently, it is frightening. It doesn't hurt that this year, the talent level is higher than last year.

If you had the chance to watch the Cavaliers at all days, you would understand why they come out well every year. The instructional staff (which just keeps getting better and better) prepares them so efficiently, it is frightening. It doesn't hurt that this year, the talent level is higher than last year.

And no one else does? I find that hard to believe. I think I'll stick with the "past success guarantees future success" theory.

RM - wake me August 14th

ampssuck

And no one else does? I find that hard to believe. I think I'll stick with the "past success guarantees future success" theory.

RM - wake me August 14th

ampssuck

I'm talking midwest corps. No, they do not. Yes, I've seen several other corps pre-tour rehearsals for years (including this year). I'll stick with that theory. You can have the "sour grapes" theory.

I'm talking midwest corps. No, they do not. Yes, I've seen several other corps pre-tour rehearsals for years (including this year). I'll stick with that theory. You can have the "sour grapes" theory.

Sour grapes, hardly. Just tired of what seems to be an overly predictable drum corps season. However, I assume by your avatar that you have no problem with how the season is "scheduled" to go. Ahhhh for the 70's and 80's.

RM - lets do the time warp again!

ampssuck