Cadets - observations

Just returned from spending the day at Cadets rehearsal and thought I would share my observations with those that would be interested. This corps is going to be freaking amazing! I know, some will accuse me of being bias, some will say several corps are predicting greatness this season, but I'm telling you, there is something really special brewing with the Cadets. Obviously some will not care for the 2006 Cadets just because they are the Cadets, but I think many will be suprised how cool their show is this year! As you stand and watch this corps, one can't help but realize there are some great minds at work here! Bring on the season, the Cadets should do very well! :)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next Saturday (6/17) Cadets and Crossmen will be unveiling their shows at the Gettysburg, PA Brass Band Festival. There will also be an Alumni corps that I'm very familiar with. :huh:

for the record, I've never been much of a Cadets fan, but the 6 minute clip I heard... they are definetely going to be good this year. Can't wait.

~>conner

Just returned from spending the day at Cadets rehearsal and thought I would share my observations with those that would be interested. This corps is going to be freaking amazing! I know, some will accuse me of being bias, some will say several corps are predicting greatness this season, but I'm telling you, there is something really special brewing with the Cadets. Obviously some will not care for the 2006 Cadets just because they are the Cadets, but I think many will be suprised how cool their show is this year! As you stand and watch this corps, one can't help but realize there are some great minds at work here! Bring on the season, the Cadets should do very well! :)

What's the name of their star lead singer this year?

Just returned from spending the day at Cadets rehearsal and thought I would share my observations with those that would be interested.

Care to share more detailed observations???? :huh:

I wasl also at a Cadet rehearsal this weekend for a few hours. Some observations:

The Drumline---Is just flat out off the wall smokin. LOOK OUT. I honestly haven't been much of a Cadet fan either, but this line is playing some sick stuff and they will blow your mine. The "Garden Party" or whatever Hop calls it is something else. I'm sure it will change a million times beore August, but my jaw was to the floor.

Brass---they sound good as well. Thing that stuck out to me the most was the melophones...wow...they have a very coool book.

Drill---typical Cadets...very similar to last year. Tempos are fast at times, but I really didn't see anything that you wouldn't normally expect from them.

Guard----didn't really get a chance to see them.

PROPS - Holy poop...they have a million props...they had to get an extra 26 ft truck just to store them. This is a friggin broadway show on a football field. I didn't get to see the props assembled, but I saw them in pieces and they took up almost a whole football field.

They also have a speaker system that could tear down a building. I didn't get a chance to hear them use it, but it was kind of funny watching them set this stuff up. I'm still in the air on the vocal stuff....I won't get into that because we could get totally off topic.

Overall, look for good things from this corps. They WILL be in contention to win this year...no doubt about it.

Just returned from spending the day at Cadets rehearsal and thought I would share my observations with those that would be interested.
Thanks!! I can't wait to see them. I have one more weekend to wait. Go Cadets :huh: