The 2006 Live Season discussion

well, we have a few tricks up our sleeves. all of the girls are very proud of how they have been improving and preforming. I can't explain to you how excited they were on the bus after the last show. watch out boys, the girls are coming.

The first all-girl corps to make DCP-I Finals? Quite a feather in your girl's cap.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, we have a few tricks up our sleeves. all of the girls are very proud of how they have been improving and preforming. I can't explain to you how excited they were on the bus after the last show. watch out boys, the girls are coming.

And we're waiting for ya. :P

The first all-girl corps to make DCP-I Finals? Quite a feather in your girl's cap.

Thanks. The girls have been practicing hard and now that the chance of making finals is staring them in the face, we have to drag them off the practice field and make them sleep.

The cream is starting to seperate.... :blink:

I think I need to get out more...I'm seeing the corps here more as real corps. :blink:

Ah, this is the time where Tri-Color always gets nervous...they start to fall in the rankings after being comfortable. However, this season, the members knew they were trying something different--things are still being worked out, the show is definitely a finalist tier show. This corps making finals, will come down to the nitty-gritty, and how other corps do. The rankings all over this season have been schizzo, which is why it is hard telling who will win it all!

Emerald Regime has continued their success from last season, managing to earn high marks all season. This season for them has been similar to most corps, not knowing what would happen next, but that is how it works. You never know what is coming, until it passes you. Their caption heads have made the final changes, and the kids are now in that touch up mode, and we have been increasing some tempos, and adding in some rubato phrases to have eb and flow in the music. Who knows, anything can happen...this group could win it all, or end up in 20th place....all I know is... this corps has been very successful this season and has remained a constant competitor.

After today and seeing the recaps, I think both Tri-Color and Emerald Regime are in good hands. As corps in DCI start to peak (its obvious at this point)--I think we are going to start seeing the same thing happen here on DCP...here is to hoping we arent one.

Kosmos gets slammed in Indy after winning the night before in Louisville- but then again the RCA Dome hasn't exactly been the most friendly stadium for us in the past.

The biggest question everybody in the audience seemed to have was 'What was the meaning of those guard members in the mobster outfits near the end of the show?" Let's just say that this is a bit of foreshadowing going on for what we're planning next season B) The corps will be in Bloomington for a couple days for rehearsals and a free concert before heading to Madison.

Kadence has been rock-solid the last couple weeks and looks to be well in contention for the title this year.

Overdrive looks like they may have peaked a bit early, but they've still been having a good season.

Well, the NMP camp doesn't really know what to think right about now. I think every corps has seen every part of the ranking polls this season. To have all 5 corps make finals this season would be a major accomplishment for us, and go well beyond our expectations for this, our first season in DCPI. It felt good to take away some wins near and in our hiome state. We are going to arrive in Chicago a little early and take in some sights before the show.

Kosmos gets slammed in Indy after winning the night before in Louisville- but then again the RCA Dome hasn't exactly been the most friendly stadium for us in the past.

The biggest question everybody in the audience seemed to have was 'What was the meaning of those guard members in the mobster outfits near the end of the show?" Let's just say that this is a bit of foreshadowing going on for what we're planning next season B) The corps will be in Bloomington for a couple days for rehearsals and a free concert before heading to Madison.

Kadence has been rock-solid the last couple weeks and looks to be well in contention for the title this year.

Overdrive looks like they may have peaked a bit early, but they've still been having a good season.

I've certainly enjoyed watching Kadence this season, it always seems that Kadence and Emerald Regime develop quite a strong relationship on the road. Both groups have been doing amazingly well during this second half of the season, and both could easily contend for the title. With Emerald Regime being so close last season, they are pushing as hard as they can, but winning isnt the one thing we have our minds on. With our corps director being out for part of the summer, the corps was concerned it wouldn't make it pass and advance to the next level. Anything can happen, and this season has been very very interesting....not one single corps has held the top spot for a lengthy amount of time. Some of the usual lower placing corps have stepped it up (Roselle Park) and could easily be a threat. Tri-Color looks like they may have peaked, but I wouldn't count them out, although they are sharing a similar competitive block that the DCI Cadets are this season.

Hoping we can get scores for the past couple days up soon- we're looking to get started on our changes for finals week.