The 2006 Live Season discussion

WOW!!

The kids in O'Sky were pumped last night. It looks like the middle section of Vertigo is starting to come together. I saw almost none of the collisions that has been happening. The percussion were smoking. I think one of the snare players actually went through the head at the end. The 4 simultanious drills going on at once is also starting to be understood by the judges. A huge three point jump...and we didn't come in last either!!!! ^OO^

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent in my caption changes yestersay for my corps (Musketeers, Armada, Con Fuoco, Hartford Wailers...did I do something wrong or have you just not changed them yet?

I sent in my caption changes yestersay for my corps (Musketeers, Armada, Con Fuoco, Hartford Wailers...did I do something wrong or have you just not changed them yet?

You asked to make the changes on the 22nd. Today's shows were the 21st, unless you wanted them done on the 21st. :worthy:

If you didnt put a date on the changes, then I just set them for the 22nd...

OK...Thanks :) I don't think I put a date on it so that was my fault.

Edited by Lancerman07

Midnight is definetely happy the with the progress the show is taking, and how well the judges and crowd has responded to our show.

We've made an improvement in score every competition.

I love it!

~>conner

How about Velour Knight's score?

1 Velour Knights................ 15.00 15.70 14.50 10.58 13.10 11.29 15.20 13.93 69.999

Couldn't get any closer to breaking 70.... :P

If my caption changes get in, I'll break 70 for sure tonight. B)

True that our score indicates that we had a bad show but in truth it wasn’t bad. The judges just don’t know how to perceive what we’re doing. You see we are letting the paying audience be involved in the development of our show.

This first weekend of shows was a test to see how our show will be performed.

Before the show we were able to buy 2 pages in the program with simply the number 1 on sheet and a 2 on the other. Once we finished our first two production numbers. The drum major used a mic in the pit to announce to the crowd that we were starting our show over but with different drill. Once we were done we asked that they vote on which version they like best. 1 or 2. A staff member takes a digital pic of the stands and we count the votes.

We will do this with every production number until the show is done. So yes they judges are dumping us for it now, but just wait until our show is done. True, this required us to learn a WHOLE lot more drill than we needed to, but I think the audience is excited they are having a part in the design of a drum corps show.

We got folks following you guys during the weekday performances... so we'll be watching and taking notes :ph34r:

See you in Fresno ^0^