The 2006 Live Season discussion

Riverside 1, Yorba Linda 0

Raincross opens with a bang, but not first without a fight. Rather surprising that both VK3 busses and Raincross's busses arrive at the same time. I don't know if the parking attendants screwed up or what, but both corps were assigned the same parking area, putting all our busses into a jam, with bus drivers screaming out their windows for the others to move. "It was like we were in Orange County on the 55, only we weren't," one member was heard saying.

Warm-ups were rather interesting as well. I'm not sure what happened over with the percussion, because I wasn't there, but over in the brass warm-ups, Raincross and VK3 weren't exactly next to each other, but close enough to hear one another. What was funny was that after one corps played, other corps would play louder, then the other even louder, then the other even louder, until somehow both corps were blasting out an F chord at FFFF. DCP-I officials had to wander over and ask both corps to lower their dynamics as we were echoing throughout the stadium during the performances. Because it was the first show, both corps were only given a warning.

The battle has yet to begin ^0^

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took all of 2 shows for Overdrive to get their first win as a D1 corps.

Told ya they were for real B)

Give it another week before really looking into scores. Not all corps are out there with scores to their name. We may yet see some surprises.

Gotta love the first week... Go Conundrum... You guys beet Star of Jupiter.

They took vegetables to Star of Jupiter? :P

woo! broke 70 at the first show!

~>conner

I think this is great. Also, these newcomers are not new to fantasy drum corps, they have been key players in FDCI in the past, so we are in for a great season! Remember, last season--Star of Jupiter was a force in the mix too and they were rookies to DCP. This is already heating up the season, just look at the rankings and how close some scores were.

I am humbled to have been considered a "key player" in such a great organization as FDCI. several announcements should be coming out today or in the next few days showing that all of the corps in CLASS, including both the Knights and Sunrise Surf plan on demanding respect within the DCP community through hard work, dedication and excellent shows. While we may be both new commers and topping the charts of DCP competitions all over the US (by the way all of our corps are currently undefeated in their dvisions/shows) we don't expect to just get by on our laurel's as FDCI defending Champions. We are also thrilled to see that stiff competition is just as much part of DCP as it was at FDCI, competition makes us all stronger and better than we dream we can be. We look forward to giving you our VERY best and nothing less.

Gary L Currier

President CLASS

The Knights Executive Director