Toledo Scores!

Wow, Regiment's visual scores do seem oddly low. Do they still allow critique after shows, or is it only at major regionals?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bluecoats take Visual Ens. and Color Guard! Looks like they fixed one of their problem areas from last year. Not that their guard was bad at all last year, but it was an area that needed to improve. Very interesting and exciting.

This is what is fun about DCP...recap analysis! Haha. I posted last week that the Bluecoats would be scoring much better in the Visual caption, but I also stated they'd be much stronger in GE (which they weren't tonight). CG doesn't surprise me because I think Jamie Oakley's CG has been horribly underscored for two years now and they are just now getting the respect they deserve.

Too bad about the brass numbers because that has also been a strength of the 'Coats in the past. They might lose ensemble, but clean up in TQ&I and win brass. Makes the next reading and next head to head all that more interesting, we might get a little more accurate result.

Overall, I'm not shocked by any of the numbers. I thought the spreads in the GE caption were a little high, unless someone at the show can verify that Cavies are points better than every in GE (would anyone be shocked?).

DW

Edited by 93Bluecoat

If that's true about the brass judge, then I wouldn't take the brass scores from tonight seriously. That whole doubling thing wonkifies scores. It happened last year at a couple shows and it caused some strange things.

Not that scores mean much this early in the game.

However:

PR last year 70.3

PR this year 71.6

Last year Pat told us that it was our highest starting score since 96. So this maybe Phantom's Highest starting score....

Regiment had a 71.6 in Oswego in 1997

1997 - 71.6

1990 - 73.4

1989 - 72.1

1979 - 76.1

Definately a good start, but then again, they're just numbers from a cold read without a brass judge.

Edited by raphael18

My boyfriend just called. He is bottom bass for PR.

They won percussion tonight by .2

Cavies 2nd. Coats 3rd.

thats my boy! :)

Actually, Bluecoats took second in drums over Cavvies.

Interesting 1st scores :)

Regiment had a 71.6 in Oswego in 1997

1997 - 71.6

1990 - 73.4

1989 - 72.1

1979 - 76.1

Definately a good start, but then again, they're just numbers from a cold read without a brass judge.

*gasp*

Pat lied to us!!! lol

The most interesting spreads, IMO:

-GE Music: Cavaliers 15.30 to PR 14.30

-Visual Perf: Cavaliers 14.9 to Bloo 14.2 to PR 13.4 (yikes PR)

-Guard: Cavaliers 14.6 to PR 13.8

-ME/Brass: Cavaliers 15.4 to PR 14.8 (would be nice to have a brass score)

-Perc: PR 15.00 to Cavaliers 14.70

-Ens Vis: Bloo 15.1 to Cavaliers 14.9 to PR 14.4 (will Bloo peak early visually?)

Just a few thoughts on tonight's recap:

Based on performance to GE ratios, it's obvious that the Cavaliers are selling their show better than Blue and Phantom right now from an emotional standpoint. This isn't particularly suprising given the time of year. I'm definitely excited to see the Green team this year.

Phantom's drums must be smokin to beat Bluecoats and Cavaliers tonight. Seeing how meaty their book is compared to how clean it is will be interesting to check out.

Bluecoats' visual program is for real this year. Peaking early isn't something I"d bet on, given how insanely difficult the drill is. I'm shocked (and very proud) that they're handling it the way they are already.

Looks like it's gonna be a rollercoaster season!

haha Decal, Pat wasn't far off from being right - but no one is perfect

You guys were definately on fire last year, and you know as well as I do that this just added a little bit more fuel for the corps. Nothing feels better than playing that first show, and breaking the monotony of everydays.