PR APDs

Okay, I've only listened to the APD a couple times...

...but I'm not digging Scythian Suite, particularly the Alien God portion.

I'm sure this will change, as I'll probably listen to it umpteen times between now and when I see them on Monday.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I too find Phantom’s musical arrangements to be a little sour and dry. I'm praying that the 1st time viewing bug is all that I've caught, but if the show doesn't improve GE-wise from the Lisle show watch out for the corps behind. Everyone is so good this year. Which is a great thing!!! I guess I'm looking for part 2 of last year’s brilliant show.

Go Phantom and G-men

I liked most of it. I think they will tweak some things, and add some things here and there for GE, but overall, I think it's a nice show with lots of potential. And I love Prokofiev.

My wife informs me that this is supposed to be the loudest classical piece written.

I think this is a show that's not going to come into it's own until mid-season at the very earliest. The show they're playing will require an extremely high level of musicianship and artistry to pull off and right now they're too busy getting a handle on a very difficult book to worry about the finer details that will really make the music sing.

There are phrasing and flow problems all over the place and there are a lot of spots that need subtle tempo changes that they're just plowing through right now. The trumpets especially seemed to be having problems in closer.

Once they really get a handle on the show and can be more expressive and dynamic with it, it'll be very good.

I loved it, sloppy though it is. It's fine for this time of the season, IMO, and it has potential by the bucket-full.

Didn't disappoint me at all. Not in the least.

They'll be fine. :)

I actually like Regiment's show better than Cavies this year. The opener is a little abrasive but I think with some tweaking I can get behind it. Ever since I heard Chanticleer do Bibel's Ave Maria I have been hoping Phantom would do it. I cannot wait to hear it in late July. It will be my favorite drum corps musical moment ever. The rest of the show is very frantic and I love it! They have a phenomenal horn line.

It would be nice to see them 5th at finals behind Coats of course. :)

I loved the opening and first 3 minutes of the show. After that, it didn't grab me. i'll listen to it a few more times tonight and tomorrow and see if it grows on me. But I did love that opening.