Bluecoats APD

yeah so Cavies and PR have an APD thread going-- for those of you who have given it a listen- got any thoughts?

brass- sounds great- very diverse- seem to have a great presence already- you gotta love that 4 second contra soli-

percussion? i'm a brass man, so i'll leave it up to the expert analysts on that one....

ok Rhode Island is neither a road or an island... DISCUSS!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stop listening to it! I think it is a really great show and cannot wait to see it in TN. I think it is a very good follow up to last year's show. The hornline sounds great. The ballad is a treat! Drumline sounds pretty clean to me. (I am a brass guy as well)

I really hope they keep climbing!

I love this show. I have listened to it 3 times so far, and love it even more each time. I like it alot better than Phantoms show, and almost as much as Cavaliers. Looking like another top 5 finish again, and who knows maybe 3rd or 4th.

Nice job Bluecoats.

I like this year's music better than last year's. Solid all the way through.

By the way, does anyone know what that first song is from? I've heard it on a commercial somewhere, but don't know the name.

Bluecoats is my first APD of the season. I was at the Toledo show and I enjoyed all of the corps, but I really liked the variety of the Bluecoats show.

I think, as with last year, that the drumline is a bit stronger than the brass section. At the show I thought the trumpet soloist needed to play out more, but also thought maybe it was due to where I was sitting. After hearing the APD I still feel the same way. He (she?) obviously is a good player with some chops...I'd just like it to "hit me over the head" a little more...ala Blue Devils or Scouts soloists usually do.

I really like the ballad! Last year I felt Cadets won the "best ballad" honors. I've only heard 6 of the corps so far, but Bluecoats may just take this award for me this year. Phantom's "Ave Maria"

was mighty nice too. Time to go download my second APD.

I like this year's music better than last year's. Solid all the way through.

By the way, does anyone know what that first song is from? I've heard it on a commercial somewhere, but don't know the name.

Connexus one starts with Pat Metheny's Roots of Coincidence, then goes into Cirque du Soleil's Distorted. I'm not sure if Roots has been used in a commercial, but Distorted probably has -- or you've heard it on a Cirque show when you channel-surf past Bravo.

Great job on the APD's this year, sound quality is really nice.

The APD is great and the show is awesome, but the sop solo around 2:48 could use some work.

Definitely a better job at the Lisle show on Sunday night, at least from what I could hear on the stream on DCI Season Pass!