So what ever happened to that amp petition?

The second petition was taken lightly because the results of the first one were ignored by the "powers". This is often the case in a "democratic" form of gorvernment such as ours. The result is apathy. Plus no one ever said that drum corps was a democracy! It is still best to make your points and let your opinions be known when faced with a situation that you feel is wrong on a fundamental level.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I'm not sure that the petition drive was handled well; if I recall, it was only online. Furthermore, it was compromised by those who are "pro" amps.

I was on the fence about amps last year, so after much thought I decided not to sign. However, the more I think about it, I'd be up for signing on to a petition voicing displeasure for amps IF it where a real petition drive using actual paper petitions.

I collected hard signatures at Finals week in Denver. I did so in a polite and respectful manner. DCI learned that there were more people against it than they wanted to know. The next year, they did not allow us to collect signatures at shows.

:blink: :(

Wrong about troll.

2nd as I said before (if you read the posts with an open mind instead of reading what you think the posts read) I wanted to know what happened. I don't post/live here like some people.

That anti amp petition really was time well spent.

Really paid off, huh :P :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah they were heard alright :lol: , well they are hearing voices now. Amped voices b**bs
Yeah, I could tell they died by their score :lol:
True. But know when & where to fight those battles.
True, then know you have a "chance" to win the battle before entering & getting slaughtered.
Sure sounds like mocking and gloating to me.

Where are you mocking? Let us count the ways...

If you don't believe all of those comments are mocking and snarky, then you are as obtuse as you are obnoxious.

As someone who just stumbled to the thread, I can tell you that the first impression I get is that you are someone who is quite happy that electronics are in, and you are rubbing it in the faces of those who worked hard on the petition.

If it wasn't for the halfway decent use of spelling and syntax I'd say you were George Hopkins using a second screen name.

priceless, especially on spelling and syntax!

:blah: :blah: :blah:

Same ol song & dance. B)

sure is. mocking as usual

You know, you can gloat all you want... fact is, narration still blows. kthxbye

Are the couple the directors of the annual top 5?

Yep, try top 3 though. :)

It was presented to the BOD at one of their meetings.

The meeting at Orlando Florida where EVERYBODY was there...AND...several directors came up to me personally and THANKED me actually for presenting the Petition. Even they knew it "might not" influence, but just the fact that we presented it, sparked conversation. I got to talk to many directors about it. They KNOW.

sure is. mocking as usual

I can't help but notice that with the exception of a couple individuals (Mike, Matt, and Jonathan immediately come to mind) the pro-amp crowd has nothing of substance to add to the issue...this flaw being hidden by an air of smugness