Riverside CA Scores

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BD 81.30 and they havent finished their show yet, are the Devils out for revenge ??

Revenge against who? Don't get to carried away with this Godfather business. Do you expect george Hopkins to wake up next to a horses head?

last years show was just a poor concept and got what it deserved!

^0^

I would not get concerned or pay much attention to the numbers just he spreads that you see in regards to each other at the same show. Historically the scores from out West early in the season have always been higher than anywhere else and then it evens out once July gets here. Heck in 1992 BD and ourselves were both undefeated coming to our first meeting and by the scores out there we were a couple of points behind. Then we met and won by over 1.5 I believe. Also at the time Cavies were not on the radar and we know how that ended up (but how that happened is for a whole other discussion.)

Can't wait to see all of them at the same place and it seems like a great and competitive summer has shaped up for us the fans!!!

Do you expect george Hopkins to wake up next to a horses head?

:wall:

As of Sunday night, here are the scores:

01 (01) - 81.30 (1) - Blue Devils

02 (02) - 77.95 (2) - The Cavaliers

03 (04) - 76.40 (1) - Santa Clara Vanguard

04 (05) - 76.10 (2) - Bluecoats

04 (03) - 76.10 (4) - The Cadets

06 (06) - 74.55 (4) - Phantom Regiment

So even though Vanguard may have scored 5 points behind BD, SCV's still in the hunt.

BD started out the season very clean and very prepared. I don't know where they can really go from here though. Peak early?? Perhaps. Only time will tell.

Edited by PeeWee

Do you expect george Hopkins to wake up next to a horses head?

only if it's billy big-mouth bass style and sings to him :P

I think when you get a chance to hear any APDs of BD, you should check out the drumline. Speaking as a former contra player now turned band director, they play really tight this year. I think they have a really good chemistry this year in the line along with the arrangement of the percussion parts.

Good to hear the BD percussion is doing so well. Scott Johnson was at SCV in 91 and so Ihad the chance to study under him...talk about a great guy (and a heck of a basketball player), he teaches you so much more than just how to play a drum. He hasn't gotten the recognition that he has deserved over the years, IMHO. Maybe this year will change things...

So even though Vanguard may have scored 5 points behind BD, SCV's still in the hunt.

I'm going to put BD and The Cavaliers within 1 to 1.5 after the west coast tour (adjust SCV accordingly). Even with the 1.5 difference, this is how things might realistically translate:

1. BD - 79.45

2. Cavaliers - 77.95

3. Cadets - 76.10

4. Bluecoats - 76.10 (a tie with The Cadets won't likely hold when they meet head-to-head)

5. Phantom Regiment - 74.55

5. SCV- 74.55

I sure hope that I can really get into BD's show this year. If the title ends up being between BD and The Cavaliers, I'm pulling for them.

BD started out the season very clean and very prepared. I don't know where they can really go from here though. Peak early?? Perhaps. Only time will tell.

BD is not that clean and their show is not even finshed. Sure anyone can peak early, West Coast scores are always too high!