Major Heat Wave Announcement

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the severity of the literal heat wave and massive forest fires ravaging good portions of the U.S. including massive areas of the Southwest (50,000 acres currently ablaze around the Grand Canyon as reported by Phoenix ABC-TV Afiliate at 10:10 PM this evening) I found your "Major Heat Wave Announcement" thread to be poorly worded and for us actively involved in the well being of Corps in stricken areas falsely alarmist and inexcusable!

In the future please choose your words more wisely. Heat Waves and

Heat Exhaustion can be deadly. Sorry if this sounds ultra-sensitive, but this does come from someone who has passed out and rushed to medical facilites in critical condition after performances, in the midst of heatwaves.

"Hot" in Phoenix!

I find your post to be poorly worded and maybe you should do some homework on Corps names. Heat Wave has been in existence since 1992, has competed in DCA either as a mini corps or competitive Class A corps since 1995, won TWO DCA Class A Titles, has been a consistant DCA Class A contender since 97, was a the pioneer for DCA Southern corps', etc etc etc.......

The corps was named for what FLORIDA is commonly known for during the summer months.. since Hurricanes was already taken . the name HEAT WAVE was selected.....

PS- there are other corps' named after weather related events also.... hope their posts don't offend you ... troll

Thanks for trying to destroy a positive post for an organization trying to regroup !!

CONGRATS JJ . and BEST OF LUCK !!!!

Speaking for me!!!

PS - (I, as well as others who read and post here, all hope for the well being of corps', corps members and non members, that are currently in weather stricken areas.. whether it be the South west, or East coast or elsewhere)

Edited by hurcwave

This has been the first "TROLL FEEDING" in quite sometime <**>

The Erie Thunderbirds wish Heat Wave the BEST and look forward to your MINICORPS' show in RaChaCha in September and will welcome your full corps' back in 2007.

(Don't feed the Trolls....) ^0^

Good thing there weren't too many "Hurricane Announcements" in 04 or 05...

sheesh....

Have some iced tea... you will feel better.

CONGRATS JJ!!! BRING IT!

(will you still do strecth out block?) ^0^

Considering the severity of the literal heat wave and massive forest fires ravaging good portions of the U.S. including massive areas of the Southwest (50,000 acres currently ablaze around the Grand Canyon as reported by Phoenix ABC-TV Afiliate at 10:10 PM this evening) I found your "Major Heat Wave Announcement" thread to be poorly worded and for us actively involved in the well being of Corps in stricken areas falsely alarmist and inexcusable!

In the future please choose your words more wisely. Heat Waves and

Heat Exhaustion can be deadly. Sorry if this sounds ultra-sensitive, but this does come from someone who has passed out and rushed to medical facilites in critical condition after performances, in the midst of heatwaves.

"Hot" in Phoenix!

Major Valley Fever Announcement!!

Oops, sorry.

Thanks to everyone for your kind words. I am looking forward to mini corps at DCA and bringing Heat Wave back to the field in 2007!

Can I say Heat Wave??? ^0^

Can I say Heat Wave??? ^0^

Of course you can... And we've got your back if someone doesn't like it!

CONGRATS!!! I'm looking forward to seeing you guys back in action. And don't ever change your name to The Orlando Cold Front, you may offend someone living in Alaska that once suffered from hypothermia. :lolhit:

"I'm the Juggernaut, B****!".

Edited by John M. Johnson