chesapeak music review

My only addition to the review is...

Regiments drumline is really aggressive. Really, really, really fun to listen to!

BOSTON

good things: Honestly, I have never really liked this corps. I was not expecting much. I was wrong. They are loud, there is no way that they will finish lower than crown. the warm up was much louder than the end of crown's show.

These are topics all so heavily debated, but you know what........I got my face ripped off tonight....and when it comes down to it...thats all that matters.

Yeah, loud is sweet, but Boston beating Crown this year due to decibels? It doesn't work that way, Bud. If it did, Madison would have won DCI in 1992, 1995, 1999 (at least).

I am surprised that no one has mentioned Crossmen's sop line. They are stellar, when standing still. I always LOVE their ballad and this year is no exception. The radio section is cheezy but if the cavies can take a minute to do drill tricks with no music I don't see what the big deal is here.

Boston was all T and no A. There was no bottom sound and the high end was too thin and strident. I love Jennifer Higdon and I think they dumbed her music down way to much. I didn't even recognize the Concerto for Orchestra.

Crowns book is very demanding compared to previous years. I saw their guard rehearsing and they are crazy talented. Great balance.

Phantom is sumptous. I got the concept just by hearing the music. THEIR DRUMLINE IS JUST PLAIN INCREDIBLE!! They are a blast!!

The radio section is cheezy but if the cavies can take a minute to do drill tricks with no music I don't see what the big deal is here.

Do the Cavaliers have a part of their show this year where there is no music and just a minute of drill?? Cuz I don't remember any previous shows of their's doing that.

Edited by rut-roh

This was to be Crossmen's first competitive show and the rain put a damper on it. When we dropped them off in Fredericksburg last night, it was raining buckets!

There is still flooding going on in Pennsylvania right now... Reading, Pa, got hit hard and they were evacuating parts of Pottstown this morning. Harder hit areas were New Hope, Easton and Trenton, Nj.

Hopefully the Allentown show this Saturday doesn't get canceled. They are scheduled to go to Westminster this Friday; hope that field is okay too.

I can't wait till they hit the field in competition; I'm sure they're anxious too.

Chesapeake Concert in the Tide Water!

Boston - Loud and more exciting than the corps that went on before them.

Crown - they were better last year.

Phantom - Left as they were setting up... saw their uniforms though... they looked SHARP!