Cadets Pics?

And this is going on ESPN. I'm quite sure the football and baseball fans will enjoy this.

w/Stp:

Long time fans know what the majority of shows are like, and just kind of shrug off the odd balls that come around every so often. But the activity isn't going to get a second chance to make a first impression on the new, uninitiated viewers that it is so desparately trying to attract this summer.

Also, those characters are wearing wireless mics on the field...I though mics weren't permitted outside of the pit, and you CAN'T tell me that they don't pick up the brass sound when they are out on the field, although it would be unintentional, it is still illegal to amplify the brass.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care what anybody says or thinks about them, this year or any year.. Images like this:

2806101780032437388MTnkCR_ph.jpg

make my heart go pitter-pat!

Great shot!!

Stef

w/Stp:

Long time fans know what the majority of shows are like, and just kind of shrug off the odd balls that come around every so often. But the activity isn't going to get a second chance to make a first impression on the new, uninitiated viewers that it is so desparately trying to attract this summer.

Also, those characters are wearing wireless mics on the field...I though mics weren't permitted outside of the pit, and you CAN'T tell me that they don't pick up the brass sound when they are out on the field, although it would be unintentional, it is still illegal to amplify the brass.

I believe that mics are allowed anywhere as long as they aren't amplifying something illegal and the brass isn't playing during that section

I though mics weren't permitted outside of the pit, and you CAN'T tell me that they don't pick up the brass sound when they are out on the field, although it would be unintentional, it is still illegal to amplify the brass.

Well, first of all, you don't know a lot about microphones, do you?

A directional mic with a noise cancelling cover will filter out just about anything you're not directing straight into that mic.. how do you think they use wireless mics in rock concerts and only get one singer per portable mic?

second of all, since when were mics not permitted outside the pit? Do you not recall the placement of the singers in Crown's La Vie Boheme show?

Stef

I'm nothing but intrigued by those pics. Haven't ever seen anything like it.

Do these unis spell the apocalypse of drum corps? Reading some posters on DCP, you'd think so. Can't please everyone, so don't even try. Usually the harshest critics, the ones who have snap judgments, are the ones who end up eating their words in the end. Or hot dogs. But that's irrelevant anyway. (All the so-called "informed" or "influential" critics who proclaimed this, that, or the other new thing throughout the history of art or music or dance "degenerate" or "distasteful" or "awful" or "the end of ______" end up looking like fools in hindsight. Critics are useless. Parasites mainly. They create nothing. Only pretend to, and make pretenses at being relevant.)

What matters is the art on the field, and the majority of fans who do have open minds and are curious to find out what's next.

And the unis do look very trippy, wierd, inventive, and absolutely unforgettable.

I can't wait to see this show!

Or maybe I have seen the show. Maybe I loved the 2005 show (which I did). Maybe I hate the new uniforms, all the props, the narration, and the overall show design (which I do). <**>

Critics are useless. Parasites mainly. They create nothing. Only pretend to, and make pretenses at being relevant.

Yep, time to close down DCP.

:P

However, what to do if someone with an "open mind" doesn't care for the product?

Georgie's lost his mind...time to start calling him John Murtha.

I'm nothing but intrigued by those pics. Haven't ever seen anything like it.

Do these unis spell the apocalypse of drum corps? Reading some posters on DCP, you'd think so. Can't please everyone, so don't even try. Usually the harshest critics, the ones who have snap judgments, are the ones who end up eating their words in the end. Or hot dogs. But that's irrelevant anyway. (All the so-called "informed" or "influential" critics who proclaimed this, that, or the other new thing throughout the history of art or music or dance "degenerate" or "distasteful" or "awful" or "the end of ______" end up looking like fools in hindsight. Critics are useless. Parasites mainly. They create nothing. Only pretend to, and make pretenses at being relevant.)

What matters is the art on the field, and the majority of fans who do have open minds and are curious to find out what's next.

And the unis do look very trippy, wierd, inventive, and absolutely unforgettable.

I can't wait to see this show!

Anybody other than me notice that the phrasing and syntax in this post are very reminiscent of George Hopkins' blog entries? He uses short, choppy sentence fragments a lot just like this poster. Hmmm, "doo do doo do..." (sorry, my weak attempt at writing the Twilight Zone theme song). And the poster's id sounds like something I've heard him quoted as saying, something to the effect of "we zig, they zig, we zag". The wording in this sounds almost exactly like his reply to the Lassiter band kid who sent him the email asking him to post his review on the YEA site -- check out the Powder Springs reviews. Or maybe I'm just too much of a conspiracy theorist. Still, I know who I think this guy is...

Edited by momoblooo

Or maybe I'm just too much of a conspiracty theorist. Still, I know who I think this guy is...

Your tin foil hat is too tight. :)

George posts as YEAguy. He has never disguised himself as anyone else. That's not his style.

Besides, whomever Mr. zig zig ZAG is, he or she spells a whole lot better than George! :P