Evansville scores

A question for anyone who was there at Evansville: When did you hear the "OOOOOO" sound (whether it was "BOOOO" or BLOOOO")? Was it when Bluecoats were announced 2nd? Or when Cadets were announced 1st? Or both? If the "OOOO" sound was for Bluecoats announced 2nd, then perhaps they were BLOOOing in congratulations for the Bluecoats. If the "OOOO" sound was for Cadets announced 1st, well, people typically don't "BLOOOO" the Cadets. Maybe they were saying "we thought the BLOOOOOOOOcoats should have won!". Or maybe they were saying "great job on your increased score, Spirit from JSUUUUUUUUUUU!" Or, maybe they were just saying "MOOOOOOOOO!" 'cause they're all cows.

Sorry about all that other stuff... you can "BOOOOOO" me if you want.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another addict here.

That's something I often find myself thinking about, though. Just how representative is DCP, really? We're a pretty hard core base, do the rest of the fans get as worked up over amps, do they have our same tastes in shows? Or how about the statements that get passed around here as fact, and become part of our basic assumptions (like the "drum corps = marching band" quote, that was taken waaay out of context on DCP)? Sometimes I think DCP is so insular, and the people who are actually out there contributing and creating the shows we talk about are probably all having a good life at us armchair quarterbacks who think we know so much.

Well, this "arm-chair" quarterback attends 10 - 15 shows a year plus nationals, pretty much gets smack in the middle of everything that goes on, and can tell you...DCP is quite relevant in the "real world" and the views of those around us in the stands and what-not dont vary by much. We are just a segement of the rest of the community, but the community, as a whole, is pretty much the same.

~G~

Sorry about all that other stuff... you can "BOOOOOO" me if you want.

No booing required. Funny stuff! :ph34r:

Penny96-

Thanks for the Star support then and now. I do not think anyone hates the fact that Star of Indiana does not participate than the Alumnus. The booing that we endured and dislike of us did hurt but we still worked as hard as possible to put the best product out there year in and year out and then could not wait to hear the CD or see the video.

Now we have to live vicariously through all of you that still have your former corp to route for, follow and support!!

I agree with you 100%- Yes...I'm a huge Bluecoats supporter. However, even though I may not find the Cadets' show to be to my liking, it doesn't change the fact that those kids out there bust their butts as much as the next group.

-Just so ya know, Star was always one of my favorites back in the day. I always respected and always will respect the degree of difficulty Star put on the field. (91 mellophones...holy crap!)

-booing corps lowers the activity to be like some drunken idiot sporting event. Now THERE'S a sore subject with me, being a band director. (Only so many times you can endure being called a bandfag or hearing your kids called that.)

Anyway, thank you for being a part of Star of Indiana. I was sad to see them go.

Matt

whats random about this is that for the entire time i was in high school at either homecoming or prom 1/2 of the king/queen was a person in band...it drove those popular kids nutz i loved it.. granted all the kids that won from band were in sports and other activities but STILL.!

scores were inflated.

GE music judge thought he was judging finaks.

gave out 3 --16's.

only BD had received a 16 in GE music so far.

scores about 2 points high.

add No visual performance judge ( early season )

thats another 0.5-1.0 points.

Relax. I've known grizzled hardcore drum corps veterans who refer to them as teams all the time. Like the Maroon team. The Green team. Etc Etc.

Hah, I couldn't figure out why that upset people, either. Corps have been using nicknames for themselves and each other for years. Green Machine, Cap Reg, X-men, G-men, Devs, Blooo, BK, etc. "Who else is competing tonight?" "The Green Team." (And these are just the polite nicknames!)

Hah, I couldn't figure out why that upset people, either. Corps have been using nicknames for themselves and each other for years. Green Machine, Cap Reg, X-men, G-men, Devs, Blooo, BK, etc. "Who else is competing tonight?" "The Green Team." (And these are just the polite nicknames!)

Well, no offense to Sean, but...as far as I know, he's never marched. I usually find that people who haven't marched get more upset about it. I never minded being called a team...because I think that is what we all are. The green team, the blue team(s), the red team, the white team (or black team, depending on the years)....it's all the same, and not a big deal at all.

And frankly, I have no idea what old lady he is talking about....unless he means Rita Moreno...who really wasn't old when she hosted the broadcast.

Maybe Sean's upset because the Blue team got so close to the Maroon team, and it no longer looks like a cakewalk through everyone anymore? :P

I've never heard of any Corps or judges being booed in June before. Is this a midwest thing ? Or is this just an isolated case of how much some fans dislike the Cadets this year ?

Edited by X DM

In 1995 I was at a show in the east when the Cadets beat the Scouts. Many people booed when second place was announced. Even more booed when it was announced that the Cadets would not be doing an encore. <**> To which I shouted, "The Scouts would have done an encore."

Elmo Blatch