Evansville scores

Interesting, I was also at the show last night and do not remember anyone booing. If there was it was one or two people, but not the whole crowd. Sorry to bust the bubble, but it wasn't like that at all.

Oh and the announcer did call them teams.

Interesting indeed. When my daughter marched Cadets I would read all kinds of crap on here and when I would ask her about it she just rolled her eyes and said please don't believe everything you read on DCp. Edited by IRMO

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting indeed. When my daughter marched Cadets I would read all kinds of crap on here and when I would ask her about it she just rolled her eyes and said please don't believe everything you read on DCp.

Rather, go straight to RAMD for the real story. ^0^

Elmo Blatch

Glad to hear there wasn't too much booing if any.

fred's best friend said:

"In fact, one of my favorite retreat memories was getting booed at Allentown in 2000 when we beat the Scouts for the first time that year (and the first time in quite some time)."

I almost completely forgot about that! I can say that is one of the few retreat moments I truly and thoroughly enjoyed. Still not sure how we did it, and it was also the last time we beat them that year, but it was fun in any case. The weird thing is we went on like 3 hours before them.

On a side note, that was a fun hornline to be in. 2001 was more in- tune, more focused, etc. but if you ever had a squadron of F-14s you needed drowned out, 2000 was your line.

Edited by John Schmitt

Elmo Blatch

I've stayed a fan of DCP (almost an addict) but her words still ring true today. Ya gotta take it with a grain of salt because so many love to hype it up especially when it come to the Cadets. Am I stepping on your toes? B)

Relax. I've known grizzled hardcore drum corps veterans who refer to them as teams all the time. Like the Maroon team. The Green team. Etc Etc.

Exactly.....have some cheese (maybe from the Kraft team), relax.

DW

Elmo Blatch

Good point, Jason. If you went to RAMD, you could get the truth, the fiction, the angry, the dimented, the conspiracy theory, more fiction, and more not-so-politically correct truth, usually by way of bomb threat.

OK, I kid. :)

Actually, RAMD was a great place to be for a while, and I enjoyed the excellent posts and theories, etc; but things changed and I just couldn't tale the negativity. Everyone has to vent from time to time, so I support that here, but too much just makes you want to leave.

I just read through all this.. and I am more inclined to believe there were a few people in the crowd "Bloo-ing", not "booing" -- most drum corps fans know better and I would imagine a first time spectator wouldn't have near the confidence in their opinion of any show to boo something that got placed ahead of it..

Another thing I'm looking forward to is a show where all the judges are present and no skewing of scores occurs as a result of an absence.

It's been said many times that one of the judges was not there so the scores in that caption were doubled for everybody. Great in theory, I suppose, but I think it will be interesting to see how these corps do in their next outing .. and again when they meet.

I am SO glad the season is finally here!

Stef

p.s. Ma Tye, if you're reading, send a little of that rain prayer mojo my way! I don't want my first show of the season to be a rainout!! :)

I've stayed a fan of DCP (almost an addict) but her words still ring true today.

Another addict here.

That's something I often find myself thinking about, though. Just how representative is DCP, really? We're a pretty hard core base, do the rest of the fans get as worked up over amps, do they have our same tastes in shows? Or how about the statements that get passed around here as fact, and become part of our basic assumptions (like the "drum corps = marching band" quote, that was taken waaay out of context on DCP)? Sometimes I think DCP is so insular, and the people who are actually out there contributing and creating the shows we talk about are probably all having a good life at us armchair quarterbacks who think we know so much.