Columbia MO APD's Now Available

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you DCI for making these available. However, the mix (at least on the Cavies - the only one I have so far) is not great. The pit is overmiced and the brass sounds muddy. The recordings made at Toledo sound much cleeaner. How does everyone else feel?

Just downloaded Cavies and Colts. Love them both!

Thank you DCI for making these available. However, the mix (at least on the Cavies - the only one I have so far) is not great. The pit is overmiced and the brass sounds muddy. The recordings made at Toledo sound much cleeaner. How does everyone else feel?

Yeah the balance in these recordings is definitely not as good as Toledo. Also, in the Cavies track, they include the on-field warmup (why???) and almost 2 minutes of applause and the exit cadence at the end... why couldn't they have edited all that out...??

I'll be sure to buy them as soon as I get home. I wish they'd been avaliable before work, so I could listen to listen to them on the drive in!

yea and then during the whole recording,all you heard was WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOO HOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, YEAAAAAAAAAA BABAY, AHHHH SUCKY SUCKY, im pretty happy with the APDs

Love all the APDs, however with cavies being 13 minutes, I had to put this show on 2 cds, as it went over the time limit for 1 cd. just listening to them now, but it doesn't seem like the quality is quite as good as Toledo, but still awesome just the same.

The Colts APD sounds so much different than it does on season pass. The pit is either amped too high or the hornline is too soft. Considering how overpowering the hornline was on Season Pass.....pit had to have been overamped....The drumbook sounds more aggressive than in recent years (which is GREAT). There's a section that kinda reminds me of the Castlevania video games, lol. That ballad is gonna be classic once it's polished.

This is one show that I can say without bias will be one of my favorites this year. I was totally into it the whole time.

You can tell that Chris Tomsa arranged the music, it's got a little Phantom phlavor (if that's a word) in the closer :)

BTW hornline, quality of sound is as good if not better than I've ever heard in the corps since...well...ever...

Edited by dciguy01