Columbia MO APD's Now Available

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

just bought the first APD of the summer, it being the bluecoats (only afford one now :o)

i'm really really digging the opener! not to mention that pat metheny piece has been a favorite for years.

Edited by dorph31

Yeah the balance in these recordings is definitely not as good as Toledo. Also, in the Cavies track, they include the on-field warmup (why???) and almost 2 minutes of applause and the exit cadence at the end... why couldn't they have edited all that out...??

NOOOOOOOOOOO! The Cavies exit cadence is worth the price of the APD all by itself. Thanks for letting me know. I wasn't going to buy this one (not that I don't like them, just thought I'd wait till later in the season), but if the cadence is on there I will.

Ugh, it's there and you can't get rid of it. It goes on for nearly two minutes. I like the outros that the put on the CDs now, but this is too much.

Can anyone report if Cavies have added any new material from the previous APD? Is the real ending on that recording?

More pit effects in a couple of spots...

They do have an extension which actually makes the show end instead of stop

The new ending quotes material from the "slow" part of the show and a bit of the "slow beginning" heading into the Marsalis...didn't notice anything else but I've listened to it only once as of this posting

Definitely parts that seem to be "filler" while they come up with better material...one spot now sounds as "filler" when the original material was just fine

Edited by JMS0527

Can anyone report if Cavies have added any new material from the previous APD? Is the real ending on that recording?

Yes there's new material. As far as whether it's the "real" ending, all you can say is that it's the ending right now. Whether it'll be the ending in 6 weeks is still to be seen ( though I wouldn't be surprised to see a version 2.5 or 3.0 coming second half).

I expect many additions to the show...not time extension, just additions to what's there