The Cadets

Disclaimer: Ok, based on responses to my Cavaliers post yesterday, I'll start by saying this post has no negativity intended.

-End of disclaimer-

I would just like to ask people who are more in the know with the Cadets, why their percussion scores are so low this year after their dominance last year.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Disclaimer: Ok, based on responses to my Cavaliers post yesterday, I'll start by saying this post has no negativity intended.

-End of disclaimer-

I would just like to ask people who are more in the know with the Cadets, why their percussion scores are so low this year after their dominance last year.

OMG SHUT UP YOU TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, couldn't resist after all the responses yesterday :P

Unfortunately I'm not in the know about that and was wondering about that too :(

dont ever take into account what scores are on the first week of tour. more than not, the program is very challenging and the tempos /m&m demand is high. This is a show that is meant to be cleaned on tour...not perfect from the start.

Cadets will clean and improve a difficult book and drill and probably pass many folks now beating them. IMO the battery has the potential to be their best ever. Give it about two or three more weeks - a lot of it right now sounds like dirty feet

10 snares

6 tenors

5 bass

Higher level of difficulty

More Ticks ( mistakes for the younger veiwer )

One thing though,

It's great to see a large snare line again!

It takes me back to the east of the 80's

North Star, Crossmen, 27th Lancers, Bridgemen, Garfield

Yeah, Bluecoats are also using 10 snares this year. I love to see that, and what power.

Also, just in response to the initial post, I guess I would say that Cadets are just fine in percussion. It's not like they are scoring at the bottom of the latter. They are simply not beating Phantom or Bluecoats (to this point), but both those lines are amazing.

So I don't think there is anything wrong with them. They are performing, learning, fixing, and more performing.

Also, just in response to the initial post, I guess I would say that Cadets are just fine in percussion. It's not like they are scoring at the bottom of the latter. They are simply not beating Phantom or Bluecoats (to this point), but both those lines are amazing.

So I don't think there is anything wrong with them. They are performing, learning, fixing, and more performing.

According to what Slow Adam posted form a DCI meeting...amps/micced vocal are judged as part of the percussion score, so the issues people allude to here...plus in George's BLOG... may impact the percussion score a bit.

Does that make sense? I think an amp problem is the same as the corps being out of tune, or out of step. If your singer bumps the mic or your sound has pops mixed in, is that really a percussion issue?

It has to be judged as something - is it a brass issue? I think this is fine - as long as it doesn't get a seperate column on the sheets which would force everyone to amp voice or get a zero. Percussion is as good as snywhere if it a corps feels they have to use it at all.