Normal, IL Predictions

They always break 80 because they always take a few days off to clean. I wanna know who lets them use the field everyday. Also, the color guard decided to work at Bloomington High School entirely on their own up until tomorrow when the corps comes together for the camp they will put on. Seemed strange to me, anyone have any ideas?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They always break 80 because they always take a few days off to clean. I wanna know who lets them use the field everyday. Also, the color guard decided to work at Bloomington High School entirely on their own up until tomorrow when the corps comes together for the camp they will put on. Seemed strange to me, anyone have any ideas?

Not necessarily unheard of. I can't remember if it was in '03 or '04, but the guard spent the entire today working by themselves on the asphalt parking lot just outside the ISU stadium relearning about 40 new sets to the ballad. If there are big changes for the guard, I wouldn't be surprised if they spent some time alone for a while.

As far as who lets them use the field, I think it's just part of the deal since they take time out of their busy schedule to work with the BOA kids for a while. Sounds fair to me.

Not necessarily unheard of. I can't remember if it was in '03 or '04, but the guard spent the entire today working by themselves on the asphalt parking lot just outside the ISU stadium relearning about 40 new sets to the ballad. If there are big changes for the guard, I wouldn't be surprised if they spent some time alone for a while.

As far as who lets them use the field, I think it's just part of the deal since they take time out of their busy schedule to work with the BOA kids for a while. Sounds fair to me.

I went to BOA 2 years ago on the "drum instructor" track- went to a few sessions, hung out in the directors lounge and shmoozed with folks... but mostly watched the Cavies rehearse the Bond show.

Yes, they get extra time on the field, but I will report that Jeff, the staff, and the members give an unbelievable amount of access to the students all week. I never saw anything but respect and kindness by any Cavalier, staff or member, in answering the (sometimes inane) questions, both from band directors and from students, as well as an unbelievable lesson on how a productive rehearsal CAN run when everyone understands the mission of performance. I think not many corps would do as good a job of real life education without a single gripe about the interruptions in routine.

If I had been a student at the camp before I marched, I would probably dream about someday marching in Rosemont (dang- that's hard to write about the wrong Green Team :) :) ). Slight advantage to the Cavies? Yes, but huge advantage to the participants at the camp.

Yeah, the BOA camp was always a great experience for everyone involved. We all ate at the same dorm cafeteria all week, and I think all of the kids (but mostly the girls, haha) really enjoyed getting to interact with us on a personal level.

any scores yet????

... and I think all of the kids (but mostly the girls, haha) really enjoyed getting to interact with us on a personal level.

HAHAHAHAHA

*wink wink, nudge nudge.. say no more.. *

Cavaliers have been in camp at Normal for the past 4 days. I think they are going to be a lot cleaner then before.

Bluecoats have been camped at Eastern Illinois University past couple days as well.