Did anyone see this live?

But I have to ask... if this was such an obvious mess up, why did they still win again? :lol:

Shhhhh! Yours is not to question... just accept the numbers and move on. :lol:

Yeah I was kinda wondering that myself.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Recovery is an aspect of the judges sheets which recognizes the performers ability to notice when something is not right and make the decision to fix it.

Good point, never thought of that.

Interestingly … the corps still was judged to be the victor despite this huge gash.

The percussion field guy heard it … indeed, the corps was almost a point out of first in field percussion.

But that's exactly where they were in their most recent contest vs. Phantom Regiment. The two corps both got the exact same percussion performance scores with and without the incident described above.

But other captions did not mention the debacle, whether they were not sure what they witnessed, or, they just did not know what to say about it.

It's a cadets show...maybe the other captiosn thought it was supposed to be that way..... :lol:

KIDDING! I'm KIDDING........no, I'm not on the cadet bashing train, so before you even go there, know that i was KIDDING! :P :lol::lol:

Edited by Evil Reneguard Diva

...This will be a performance that we talk about for years much like the 1996 performance at Massillon when 30 members of the horn line fell on one move …

It is why we do it.

And why we lose our hair.

Wasn't that in 1997 at Massillon? I only remember because that was the first DCI show I had ever been to in my life. It was my family's first time as well, and they STILL talk about that "corps where everyone started falling" and still placed second that night.

I'm sure some people would like to use this as anit-amp fodder, but it has nothing to do with amps, it's becaue of ordinary mix-up. So please don't make this into another amp thread.

THANK YOU!!!!

The percussion score is a small aspect when you combine visual, GE, colour guard, music ensemble and brass.

They also recovered (although it did take 30 seconds). Recovery is an aspect of the judges sheets which recognizes the performers ability to notice when something is not right and make the decision to fix it.

Yes, you can get some recovery credit, but getting it after taking 30 seconds to recover? Now I don't know exactly how the judge saw that, or whether they were given credit or not. But to me, if it's true, taking 30 seconds to recover isn't all that fast and shouldn't merit getting credit. Just my thought on that.