radio section of crossmen's show

Hey! I didn't notice this earlier, but Phantom is TOTALLY ripping off Deer-Forrest-Lake-Hills-Vista-Park High School Marching Band this year. I SWEAR I saw them put a mellophone on the field, AND SO DID DFLHVP HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!

A mellophone? Sheez. What the heck were they thinking?

I heard they're marching on football fields, too. Like that's original. :blink:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't even know if certain designers were aware of what others have done in the related fields. Thomas Edison was not the only inventor working on the incadescant light bulb. Jonas Salk wasn't the only medical technologist working on a vaccine for polio. Just because some high school band or drum line or color guard from name-your-state did something within the past 20 years doesn't mean a drum corps designer was watching it, taking notes and thinking, "I'm going to do the same thing."

Most designers strive to be totally original, to take the activity where it's never been before. But with thousands of bands, winter guards and indoor drum lines across the country, sometimes one might hit on an idea that was done elsewhere first.

But they'll always bring their own dimension to said idea.

And if they did see a show somewhere that tweaked something in their imagination, what's the big deal? Should we call out 60 Minutes to do an exposé?

C'mon, Mike. Fess up. Who really wrote "Jade"?

Heh...

Garry

C'mon, Mike. Fess up. Who really wrote "Jade"?

Other people were also writing Jade at the time.

Nahh...just messing with you. :P

How refreshing that almost everyone who responded sarcastically agreed (or disagreed) with the original poster. No one jumped on him, but no one really agreed. My faith is restored B)

I got so fired up reading this thread I smacked my brother for flipping the radio stations in my truck this morning, then I realized I flipped them before Northern High did it in a show, so I sent them a nasty email for ripping me off.

A high school did a wgi show just like it in 2003...

click on Northglenn High School

Newsflash, there dude...

Northglenn didn't create it either. I've seen the "changing the station" thing done by many bands and indoor groups over the last 25 years. The first time I recall seeing and hearing it was in the mid 80's in Florida.

I bet it wasn't the first time then either.

It may have been done before, but we will be doing it OUR way!

I hope you enjoy it!

PEACE!

Perfect example: Cadets '03. Then again that was more of a stab than a ripoff. No one does a pinwheel better then the Men of Madison . . . no one.

This just in....Glassmen are playing part of Beethoven's 5th! According to my research, its the most played symphonic work in the universe! Good grief, how could they be so BLATANT????

What a complete rip off of the Philadelphia Orchestra. Eugene Ormandy would be outraged!