How many times has a corps been undefeated...

BD 2004.....first until finals.

This is the only Vendetta I have for 007.

SCV clipped BD in Seattle that year.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lethal Weapon.

You know, as I was typing, I just knew that you would counter with that movie. A very notable entry, but I just can't give it the title of "better". Sorry. Call it the Gary Busey effect.

Kind of on topic...so this year, the only undefeateds thus far are Cadets, Cavies and Blue Devils...correct?

Cadets, Cavies

Mark your calenders....July 9th.

The showdown.

Actually, they'll both be in Indy on the 8th. Blue Devils will be there too, so only one corps will remain undefeated.

Edited by Maedhros

I know it was Class A (Division II now), but Southwind was undefeated in Class A in 1991 and 1992 (until class A prelims in Madison 1992 where we came in third before winning the championship at Finals the next night).

Just my 2 cents.

I know it was Class A (Division II now), but Southwind was undefeated in Class A in 1991 and 1992 (until class A prelims in Madison 1992 where we came in third before winning the championship at Finals the next night).

Just my 2 cents.

Same for Pioneer in Division II in 1996, undefeated until finals week and fell to Les Etoiles, who jumped around 10 points the last two weeks of tour. If memory serves Nite Express had beaten every corps in Div II except Pio that year until finals week and came in third (I could be wrong on that though). So Les Etioles jumped a couple of spots.

P.S. Can you tell my brain is on drill-writing overload right now and i needed a break? :P

Me too brother!! :laugh:

Isn't it odd that all three times, the undefeated corps has not been able to recover enough to retake even one win during Finals Week?

I wonder if judges have a subconscious pull for the underdog. I mean, don't we all love to see the underdog come through?

1983, Garfield went undefeated until semis. They tied for 2nd with BD then won the championship the next night.

Semis:

1. SCV - 91.90

2. BD - 91.15

- Garfield- 91.15

Finals:

1. Garfield - 94.40

2. BD - 93.80

3. SCV - 92.75