The Madison Scouts had NO BUSINESS changing their uniform

WHAT was the logic behind changing the classic Madison uniform they had up into 2002? This new one is even worse and an even further departure! So many masterpieces were created in those uniforms...and they've abandoned that. It's like they're not even the same corps now. This was one of the worst moves in DCI. It sounds stupid, but part of me tells me that if they had kept the uniforms, we'd be seeing baby-throwing masterpieces like 1993-1999, today. Such a shame. Change is bad. Evoution is good. But evolution, unlike change, is based off of previous forms. And they've changed, but not evolved. To completey change one's uniform, show design...identity--it's just really upsetting.

:(

Edited by Hrothgar15

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've been around long enough to remember people being upset when the corps changed their previous uniform for the one you remember and pine for. And when they change from the current one, some others will be equally upset at the loss of the "classic" Scouts uniform.

Ummmmm....ooooooooooook?? This uniform is, in my mind, closer to being a TRUE Scouts uni than what they've worn for the past 3 seasons. If you'll go back to the uniform they were wearing in the mid-80's, this uni is an updated version of that one. Not a drastic change at all...if anything, it's more of a return to what once was.

ms-98sopranosolo.jpg

This is my favorite Madison uniform.

Can anyone shed some light as to the similarity b/w this year's uni and the unis of '83 and '84?

ms-98sopranosolo.jpg

Yeah that's still their best design...

Really the design for '82 on back wasn't too shabby either, imo

ms-98sopranosolo.jpg

YES! What on earth would cause them to abandon that work of art? It baffles me.

oh ya, i see what youre getting at, the fashion judge has been ticking them ever since the change, he really hates it. get over it and enjoy whats being put on the field. i can tell you now of atleast one corps that will be making a huge uniform change next season. now just to make sure youre with me, that mean that some evil change is going to occur