I personally don't like the move, and I hope they don't use it.

However, being the 50th anniversary, I reckon it would be appropriate.

It works as a warning you are about to have your face removed. But this year, you just know face removal is on tap, so perhaps they don't need to drop a wedge in. :)

Personally, I don't think it's more appropriate then, say, an iceberg.

My personal favorite use of the wedge/triangle form is 96, and there was no kick involved.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The closer will be reworked. Write it down. Wedge? Maybe... maybe not.

The closer will be reworked. Write it down. Wedge? Maybe... maybe not.

Rewrite of the closer already learned by the hornline in Huntington WV. Recordings made for design team. Prepare for good and evil to fight it out once and for all. If you liked 2003 you will love this one.

I'm hoping they rewrite their opener a bit. It's almost there for me, but not quite. If they can charge it up a bit, it'll be right up there with their opening sets in '93 and '95.

As for the rest of the show, wow. Great stuff. :)

The Wedge, the Crab step, iceberbs, rockford files, the w-pull...there are a few moves that are just signatures, that's for sure. Be nice to see some more of them worked in.

Is it just me or have the last 5 years for the Regiment been instant classics? My kids will meet some of my friends and they will say stuff like, "He/she marched in the early 2000's with Regiment," or, "He/she marched [insert year], they are freakin awesome!"

Is it just me or have the last 5 years for the Regiment been instant classics? My kids will meet some of my friends and they will say stuff like, "He/she marched in the early 2000's with Regiment," or, "He/she marched [insert year], they are freakin awesome!"

I wouldn't call them instant classics, and I'm a Regiment alumnus.

2005 was great, 2004 was "eh." 2003 was fantastic, 2002 was "eh." 2001 was very much "eh," at least for me.

I wouldn't call them instant classics, and I'm a Regiment alumnus.

2005 was great, 2004 was "eh." 2003 was fantastic, 2002 was "eh." 2001 was very much "eh," at least for me.

I agree...I loved 2003 and 2005. I didn't really like 2004 that much. I haven't seen 2001 or 2002 yet. If 2006 is anything like 2003 or 2005...I can't wait!!

It seems they've been on-off for me, at least musically. 2001, loved the music (visual was par for the years). 2002, didn't blow me away. 2003, wow. Just wow. My favorite Regiment show of all time. 2004, solid visual, music didn't do a ton for me. 2005, loved it.

That said, I think Phantom's done swell the past few years. They've really pushed their program back up to where it deserves to be.

2004 had some "eh" moments, but there were also some "jump outta your seat, swing dead cats, throw babies, yell stuff, reach for defribulator" moments too. The first time I saw the heart open up at the end of the show on the last big hit..... WOW. Incredible.

2003 is my favorite show of any corps, to date. I could (watch/blast from car stereo; choose one) that show from now until I die and not get tired of it. With a show that includes Canon, Wild Nights, (:)), *Lord's Prayer!*... "So... loud! So... clean! Must...replay...." :lol:

And I happen to love 2002, mostly because I love Shostakovich. I bought that show online for the ballad and the closer, and was very, very impressed. The opener is awesome. :lol: The ballad is beautiful- great flugal solo btw. And the closer- the Fourth movement of the "Leningrad"- is so on fire I about had to call 911 the first time I heard it. Then with the "DSCH motif" running through the show- and tagged onto the end like it was- I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

I think I've written enough for now. Don't wanna make it too long... but.. I love this thread!! Gonna go blast some Phantom! :lol:

Oh, and if they don't do the wedge in Louisville, I think I'm gonna cry.