is it just me

Am I the only one whose browser slows down considerably when that animated ad for the "Review of the Corps" appears at the head of the page? (And I've got a cable modem, to boot.) Or is there something else slowing me down when I visit DCP and I'm just making a false correlation with that ad?

Dan,

It could be the advert - given that its an 'animated gif' image, is made-up of about 30 'frames', and is a rather large file to load. Your CPU, video card, and memory will all have an effect on how efficiently this graphic is processed - once loaded.

That said, the event is THIS Saturday - afterwhich, the banner will be gone.

-john

LOL, and I was wondering if I was seeing a LOT of the ad because I went to that High School :P

Didn't notice any slow down on my end even with slooow phone connection.

Thanks for the banner ad John, hope it helps get DC back in my home area. Can't wait for the show.

Dan, if you have Firefox, right click on the image, then click on AdBlock...it'll get rid of it...I do that on a lot of peoples' banners because I don't really care what they say

Dan, if you have Firefox, right click on the image, then click on AdBlock...it'll get rid of it...I do that on a lot of peoples' banners because I don't really care what they say

First, make sure you HAVE the AdBlock extension.

Link

sorry...i just paid for the ad, i know nothing about how it was made or how it runs. but if it helped sell tickets, i wont complain