Cadets Changes

The last show I was at, the audience loved the Cadets - especially the Mad Tea Party percussion feature and the ballad.

I bet they did, With that many props, it makes a great BOA production <**> b**bs

DO they give all of those picnic tables to local schools when they are done with them or do they have a big garage sale? :rock:

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they can change all they want... it won't matter at this point...

they will peak out soon and the show will just be the show...

maybe next year Cadets! This year will be for someone else!!!! Ha-Ha!!!

CUT DOWN ON THE STARBUCKS! Green Tea is better!!!

"I am very proud of this corps and organization. We continue to take risks with our programs so as to challenge members and staff and to elevate the standards by which all in the activity should aspire towards. I know there has been a lot of commentary about our show this year, good and bad. Please note that what has been written is a very small percentage and remember what is really important was the reaction from our audiences thoughout the year. There are many risks when you commit ourself to very high and new standards, but I think we can all agree it was worth the risk."

This is a quote from Dave Gibbs' letter to the corps members in the 1992 yearbook, one year after Dave became corps director. I think his philosophy remains pretty much the same today. The evidence is in the success of the corps I guess. I think Dave has been a great asset to the Blue Devils program, and to DCI as a whole. I don't always agree with everything he does or proposes, but like Hop, I think his heart is in the right place, and I think he cares a tremendous amount on a personal level for the kids in his program.

What the #### was criticized about the Blue Devils in '92? :rock:

That and the '91 show are neck and neck as my favorite non-championship winning shows from them

That and the '91 show are neck and neck as my favorite non-championship winning shows from them

"When a Man Loves a Woman"...could this be the very best chart ever performed in drum corps? It very well could be.

Jul. 6th, 2006 06:42 pm What are we doing?

I am in the office but Marc and I had a two hour phone call on the 4th.

Today he is working on completing the story line

- Alice and Dani -- what is the connection??? Alice actually is Dani, dreaming of herself in a different and crazy world but ... we need to make that more clear.

- As Alice walks the benches in the ballad, she will come across "stuff" from 2005. She will be handed the hardhat prop, she will he banded the umbrella, she will be reminded of the chess match, and ... and yes, this is cool ---- at one point, Alice and Dani will both be lifted on the benches, seeing each other face to face.

We are also changing how the props turn around,.

We are changing White Rabbitt next week to condense.

We are changing the last 30 seconds of the show.

And the big one ... we continue to add tons of movement to the drum feature --

Flying through the air, bench to bench ... DRAMATIC! It's wild and yes, I guess one would have to say it is definitly not drum corps.

LOVE IT! ^OO^ ^OO^

A lot of people thought When a Man Loves a Woman was a bit over-the-top especially with the uniform "malfunction". They thought it was very "un drum corps". We tended to agree at the time, but as the audiences responded so well, it became a lot of fun to do.

they can change all they want... it won't matter at this point...

they will peak out soon and the show will just be the show...

maybe next year Cadets! This year will be for someone else!!!! Ha-Ha!!!

CUT DOWN ON THE STARBUCKS! Green Tea is better!!!

Uh huh. :rock:

The closer seemed to be a big deal at the time, from what I remember (I was just a youngin' in high school back then, so my thoughts about that stuff are sketchy).

One thing that I always thought was not good was the transition before When A Man Loves a Woman. Where the corps stands around, the guard dances, and the percussion plays different grooves. It was like the show stopped for a minute or so, and then exploded to end.

I never liked the transition, but when the horns come back in it more than makes up for it, IMO. I _LOVE_ that show for the most part.

:rock:

Some folks haven't figured out that Hop writes MANY things in his blog with the single intent of seeing it make its way to DCP and the reaction it will cause. He's having fun playing with your emotions.

Go Blue Devils - lst in Indi and all the way.