Cadets Changes

It's clear now what they have been trying to sell on the field. Really makes me want to see it again! "NOT"; Another opportunity for the Judges to comprehend why they are giving scores...

The borg leader has spoken, the scores will reflect his decision!

And by the way George, "One would say?" How about many have said!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's clear now what they have been trying to sell on the field. Really makes me want to see it again! "NOT"; Another opportunity for the Judges to comprehend why they are giving scores...

The borg leader has spoken, the scores will reflect his decision!

And by the way George, "One would say?" How about many have said!

Do judges read Hoppy's blog? If so, it's a little underhanded, but clever. Do any other directors keep well-publicized blogs?

Jul. 6th, 2006 06:42 pm What are we doing?

I am in the office but Marc and I had a two hour phone call on the 4th.

Today he is working on completing the story line

- Alice and Dani -- what is the connection??? Alice actually is Dani, dreaming of herself in a different and crazy world but ... we need to make that more clear.

- As Alice walks the benches in the ballad, she will come across "stuff" from 2005. She will be handed the hardhat prop, she will he banded the umbrella, she will be reminded of the chess match, and ... and yes, this is cool ---- at one point, Alice and Dani will both be lifted on the benches, seeing each other face to face.

We are also changing how the props turn around,.

We are changing White Rabbitt next week to condense.

We are changing the last 30 seconds of the show.

And the big one ... we continue to add tons of movement to the drum feature --

Flying through the air, bench to bench ... DRAMATIC! It's wild and yes, I guess one would have to say it is definitly not drum corps.

Without having seen this show, can someone clarify? I'm not trying to slam anything (don't you hate when a post starts with that), I'm just looking for a valid answer.

It seems like the bench stuff that Cadets are doing this year is a take on what Cavaliers did last year with the ladders (having a certain character and/or section stick out even more by literally elevating them above everyone else). Stuff Hop has said in blogs, and pictures/video I've seen would indicate this.

Obviously, I would bet that Cadets are doing more with the benches (i.e. possibly using them for sitting in their tea party thing) than someone could do with a ladder. But it seems like a lot of stuff that's going on with the benches are visual ideas that Cavaliers first explored last season. Is that right?

Again, this isn't a "corps x is ripping off corps y," I'm just wondering if these visual concepts are similar.

Thanks in advance

It seems like the bench stuff that Cadets are doing this year is a take on what Cavaliers did last year with the ladders (having a certain character and/or section stick out even more by literally elevating them above everyone else). Stuff Hop has said in blogs, and pictures/video I've seen would indicate this.

Obviously, I would bet that Cadets are doing more with the benches (i.e. possibly using them for sitting in their tea party thing) than someone could do with a ladder. But it seems like a lot of stuff that's going on with the benches are visual ideas that Cavaliers first explored last season. Is that right?

Not like Cavaliers '05 was the the very first time a corps (or band, for that matter) used some sort of prop to elevate members above field level. Boxes and ladders and scaffolds and staircases go way back in this activity. And since so much is also inspired by the stage, well ... I'd say that when it comes to theatrical elements like these, very little of what you see in drum corps is ever truly "new."

We are changing the last 30 seconds of the show.

isn't the last 45 seconds the ending of last years show?

Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me. Happens all the time in consecutive years. In 02, the Cavies borrowed and enhanced what SCV did in '01 with the whole corps rap thing.

Now, if BD wins....someone can do Godfather, Part III next year.

The Cavaliers can play "Cavillera Rusticana", and can also have a girl on board to play Mary Corleone (Sofia Coppola...horrible actress, great director) to say every few minutes, "I lurve you, cuz."

Show ends with single guard member on the 50 in a lawn chair slumped over. :ph34r:

(note: the following parody requires a general knowledge of the travesty that was parts of Godfather, Part III.)