The DCI Draft

What if DCI would hold a mass audition for all that is interested in marching and the corps staff drafted thier members?

Pros

-All corps would have an equal chance at a World Championship

-Each corps would have 135 members

I don't actually support this because I realize it would eliminate the special feeling of being a member of a certain corps. Just something that popped in my head. What are all of your thoughts?

So the members would get drafted?

I dont think with this system each corps would then have an equal chance at winning worlds.

I think all corps have talented performers....it is the design and staff that produce the winning shows.

If we DCI drafted show designers and staff, then things would get interesting.

I brought this up a couple months ago. Why not? This would allow EVERY corps to get the best talent if they wanted to.

Edited by dciguy01

I brought this up a couple months ago. Why not? This would allow EVERY corps to get the best talent if they wanted to.

I do not think it would be in the best interest of the marcher. Many members belong to a corps because it is closest to home. I am from Missouri. I know that at least 90% of Missouri marchers go to a Wisconsin or Illinois corps because they are the closest. This could force a auditionee to join the Blue Devils, but they happen to live in Florida. Not a good commuting situation. But it is fun to think about.

What if DCI would hold a mass audition for all that is interested in marching and the corps staff drafted thier members?

Pros

-All corps would have an equal chance at a World Championship

-Each corps would have 135 members

I don't actually support this because I realize it would eliminate the special feeling of being a member of a certain corps. Just something that popped in my head. What are all of your thoughts?

You are missing the big CON....most people march corps (at least at first) according to geography. If I live in Syracuse NY I wont wont to march a corps in Santa Clara CA and vice versa...

The biggest difference between the NFL and DCI is that NFL is full of professionals that get PAID to be there....If members got paid it would be a much more competitive activity and you would have much better staff.... The biggest reason Wayne Downey wins so much becuase he is cooking with good food.... imagine if the talent was even throughout the activity.

It's an intersting idea, but it would likely fail miserably as far as memebers go. BUT, what about for staff? Big names teaching no name corps. THAT, while nearly as improbable, would produce interesting results.

and give people something to argue about on these boards

Edited by lbjazz