The Tsar's final request.

Well, Nikk Pilato IM'd me today informing me that he has been banned from DCP. For what, neither one of us are sure. He asked me to post this.

"Well, I've been banned, presumably for the thread with Vic Russell, which is odd because I don't see things in that thread that I don't see every day on DCP. In any case, it provides me with a convenient excuse to retire from DCP, and I suppose a "thank you" is in order for the overeager mod who did the banning. Hope to see some of you in Atlanta, and if anyone ever needs to get in touch, I think you know the email addy (and if you don't, you can find it on my website). Take care y'all."

~>conner

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO, mods have been "punishment happy" lately. I got my first ban for calling someone out who compared amp equipment to an Iraqi roadside bomb. So whatever. I think it's a "new sheriff" mentality, and it's excessive. It's a shame, too. No one has had better posts than Nikk, and he certainly seems to have held his decorum as well as could be expected.

That's a loss for this board. Shame.

Well first of all, the mods are going to tell you to take it to PM...second, they will point out the guidelines...and this thread will go bye-bye

And they're right...I knew Nikk would get zapped for that...it was quite extreme...but his comments and the comments being made in this thread do violate the guidelines

I don't think the mods are becoming the Gestapo or Stasi (those are the terms that come to my mind) or any of the like...they're enforcing what's in place

Edited by JMS0527

Reading back at what was said to him... I can't blame him for what he said back.

Throwing out a personal attack is one thing, responding back when someone attacks you is another thing.

He didn't start but sure did finish it. I would of done the same thing.

Yeah, somebody did the same thing to me last year. Said almost the same exact things about me as a teacher...hoped I wouldn't teach for long blah blah blah...I came close to saying something on the board that would get me banned, but I didn't. I had forgotten about it until I read their interchange.

And it's probably the one with less to add (read: not Nikk)