The Tsar's final request.

he deleted the other one.

Rich deleted it per Nikk's request, to be exact.

~>conner

Edited by PhantomR

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it doesn't say banned near his user name like it does with other users who have been banned, so i'm guessing it's temporary, although it looks as though nikk is using it as a good transition into his anticipated "retirement."

The mods have been going to far lately, this is one more example of it.

I was recently suspended from DCP for 3 days, i first got a warning that said my actions were under review, not specifying what the actions were. i wrote back asking what it was, i received no response and was suspended for 3 days. when my suspension was lifted, i went back to check my outbox to send to johnd asking why i hadnt received a response and behold, my outbox was wiped clean and i did not do it.

Edited by Phantom&Phitch

It's a shame Nikk was banned, not sure what he did but if its a violation of forum guidelines, howcome all the kids who like to abuse the quote feature arent banned ?

We pick and choose our crimes and decided which is more "meaningful" and then act, never across the board, and you know what ?? Nikk was attacked, provoked, lured..etc...etc.....

He has a lot to offer in terms of insight, experience, and inteligence.

What a shame.

~G~

just to clear things up: Nikk was restricted... not banned.

still think it's to harsh.

~>conner

This isn't the place to offer advice to moderators, but I feel like this management (and others) highlights a lack of transparency in the moderation system of DCP. I (used to) frequent another forum where the moderators posted any bannings/suspensions/restrictions in a thread in a subforum much like this one, and told the poster and community why the rules were being enforced how they were. It gave the community peace of mind and established where boundaries were quite clearly.

I'd like to see something like that here. I'd also like to see Nikk back.

I feel like this management (and others) highlights a lack of transparency in the moderation system of DCP. I (used to) frequent another forum where the moderators posted any bannings/suspensions/restrictions in a thread in a subforum much like this one, and told the poster and community why the rules were being enforced how they were. It gave the community peace of mind and established where boundaries were quite clearly.

I'd like to see something like that here. I'd also like to see Nikk back.

Ditto on all counts. Not everyone always agrees with him, but I'd definitely have to think that Nikk is one of the most respected denizens of DCP. Seems downright silly for him to be "restricted" for anything less than a truly gross breach of the forum's guidelines. When someone is punished by the mods, the reasons ought to be made public.

Well, I have noticed a loy of links to some video recordings at a certain website. Those are still bootlegged recordings of copywritten material and that kind of stuff will get you in a lot of trouble.