The Tsar's final request.

I don't know how it could be more apparent. If someone has little or no experience in the topic being discussed, it's difficult for them to relate to that topic and, therefore, to the discussions they're moderating.

I have 17 years of corps experience (15 marching). Am I qualified enough for you?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come on Poodle, you didn't really march, you just kinda wandered around out there :P

I have 17 years of corps experience (15 marching). Am I qualified enough for you?

I believe your corps involvement is both more recent and at a higher level of competition than mine, so why would I question it? The same applies to Tristan who asked the original question.

You're missing my point but something tells me that this is based on a different motive than Tristan's original question.

nah i know where's he coming from. just because someone marched doesnt make them an expert. I've seen many great posts and observations from non marchers here on DCP.

I've also seen people with decades of marching experience look like total ########

No disagreement here. Some of the greats in arranging/composing never marched: Cliff Colnut from Cavaliers via Miami comes to mind and I don't think Key Poulan was a marching member (might be wrong here).

Then again, some have contributed without either marching OR teaching: Bill Cook is the obvious, along with Sun's beloved Mike DeLorenzo. 5 assorted titles under their management.

I just like knowing who I'm electronically conversing with: generation, role, instrument, all the stuff that would come out normally in a face-to-face conversation.

The worst part about these DCP Guidlines is the fact that it says in there

and i'm paraphrasing...

"we can change the rules at anytime, no questions asked"

shouldnt someone get suspended for deffamation of character like what Vic did to Nikk?

and here's another one: What about everyone who bashes on Hop? last time i checked he was a DCP member so shouldnt those people get suspended also? or the ones who go after Feidler?

Hmmmm?

come on Poodle, you didn't really march, you just kinda wandered around out there :P

I have it on pretty good authority that Poodle makes quite the arm flapper too!

:)

no. :beer:

At any rate, I didn't start this thread to criticize what the mods do. I started this thread, because one of my favorite posted requested me to. I think the mods do a great job making the DCP community one of the best around, and I applaude them for that.

I'm not even saying Nikk didn't deserve to be banned. I think that the guy Nikk was arguing with should have recieved the same amount of restriction Nikk got, because Nikk only fired back, AFTER being called a terrible teacher.

what would you rather be called? Terrible at your career, or the generic term of insult "stupid?"

~>conner

The worst part about these DCP Guidlines is the fact that it says in there

and i'm paraphrasing...

"we can change the rules at anytime, no questions asked"

shouldnt someone get suspended for deffamation of character like what Vic did to Nikk?

and here's another one: What about everyone who bashes on Hop? last time i checked he was a DCP member so shouldnt those people get suspended also? or the ones who go after Feidler?

Hmmmm?

while people have gone after their decisions, they dont get attacked like what Nikk and Vic did to each other.