Oh so close Cavies

i lov how the first part of the season like everybody on here says there that dcp is definitely not anti bd and then as soon as they beat your beloved cavies the battle swords come out...

C'mon thats part of the game. And besides, what five, ten, fifteen people ?? how many thousands are here ?? DCP is not anti-BD...I wouldnt have it !! b**bs

~G~

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think that many people do not realize how difficult the Blue Devil's drill is. They make it look easy because they are that good.

Their drill is not that hard. Atleast not as hard as Cavies or Cadets. And no its not because they "make it look easy".

actually - you're the one being "insulting" ("lack the balls")

If you go by the scores coming in (and the performances I witnessed the night prior) the brass performance scores (which among other things had Gmen below Crossmen) and guard scores (Cadets and others got trashed by this judge) you'll get where I'm coming from.

When a judge is completely out of line with all the other judges leading up to the competition something is wrong - and last night we had two judges who certainly saw things very differently than the prior judges and by me.

And I "elaborated" in the other thread / but it applies here as well. Folks need to put the scores from last night into perspective - its just one panels perception - and its a perception vastly different than other nights panels - so therefore it is suspect. IMHO

Each panel is a unique mix, and even though the tick system is long gone, performance and mistakes still count. The No. 1 criteria for putting these scores into perspective is that for the first time this season, the top 3 (or so) corps were compared side-by-side. That is more significant than a CG score being "off" from the previous trend.

actually - you're the one being "insulting" ("lack the balls")

If you go by the scores coming in (and the performances I witnessed the night prior) the brass performance scores (which among other things had Gmen below Crossmen) and guard scores (Cadets and others got trashed by this judge) you'll get where I'm coming from.

When a judge is completely out of line with all the other judges leading up to the competition something is wrong - and last night we had two judges who certainly saw things very differently than the prior judges and by me.

And I "elaborated" in the other thread / but it applies here as well. Folks need to put the scores from last night into perspective - its just one panels perception - and its a perception vastly different than other nights panels - so therefore it is suspect. IMHO

But thats the irony of oyur statements. This is the first read of the top three(four) corps, from the same panel of judges. Had the score stayed in line with previous scores when they didnt compete against each other, I would be more suspect. This is a seasoned, solid, quality panel. They got the first read of the groups together, it will change but as of last night, thats how it was. And I would say this no matter how the numbers stacked up !

~G~

jeez god forbid somebody make a typo...why dont you stay on topic instead of insulting my intelligence.

Yeah, thats usually what comes next, when they want to belittle you and they have nothing pertinent to say. Stand tall BD fan, its not as bad as it seems or you might think.

~G~

Their drill is not that hard. Atleast not as hard as Cavies or Cadets. And no its not because they "make it look easy".

I don't buy it. Cavies drill is excellent, and I will say a bit more innovative. But I see a lot of follow-the-leader stuff and shifting blocks. Same thing that BD gets slammed for year and year. To me .. the visual package needs to interpret the music book and provide staging for the various elements as they need it to make impact. In that category, I believe BD does extremely well, and is why they score so well in GE visual and visual captions, even though folks consistently say their drill is "easy". Oh .. and their drill is NOT easy.

To those telling utaheuph to go hang out at the BD Forums if he wants everyone to agree with him, well, he does...just go read their forums.

He displays about as much intelligence there as he does here, and I would assume he's getting his panties all in a wad because for the first time in a while he's actually hearing dissenting opinions on his beloved Blue Devils.

Now, to actually contribute to the thread:

I secretly wanted Cavalier to get 2nd place last night, because historically, it always seems easier to score behind a top corps and then sneak up from behind them. With the exception of 2002 (where the Cavaliers were undefeated), this is what has happened.

00: Cavaliers come from behind to tie Cadets

01: Cavaliers come from behind both BD and Cadets

03: Scores flip-flop (BD down .7 to up .7) from Murf to Indy and BD never looks back

04: Cavaliers down by ~.5 at Murf, down by .1 at Indy, and overtake BD at Quarters

05: Cavaliers undefeated until Indy, when the Cadets overtake them and never look back

06: BD wins Indy by .525

Indy is earlier in the season this year, so it should be interesting to see what happens.

BD appeared cleaner to me than the Cavies did last night, and I believe the Cavies also have a new ending on the way. This bodes well for the boys in Green, IMO.

I have a feeling, if nothing else, the Machine will win their second brass trophy, and deservedly so. I don't think last night's brass scores were a fluke.

Just MHO...take it with a grain of salt.

Holy over analysis... I think the best path to the championship is one BD took in 1994 and 1982 (there is a history of undefeated corps before 2002). Just don't lose.

What is your definition of hard?

if it is physical demand than I can assure that BD's drill is hard and YES they do make it look easy

I marched BD with people that marched cadets and cavies in previous years and they said that BD's drill was easy compared to what they marched.....or at least they said that until they actually marched BD. Halfway through 9 to 9's they had changed their tune completely (especially the cadets people)