Cadets

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. For me, last years show was titled: "Trip to the hot dog stand". For me, this years show is titled: "Trip to the hotdog stand, Part II".

If you didn't watch the show, you lost the right to comment on it...

Oh yes, Because you have spoken right ?? DO you know if he saw it prior to making that decision ??

Where do you get your "absolutes" ?? Maybe you should etch them in tablets and bring them down from the mountain. Lets see;

I. Though has loseth the right to comment becuase though has not witnessed.

II. Though is ignorant if though rises and walkeths out of a peformance.

Got anymore ??

~G~

If you don't like country you don't have to go to every single country concert to reinforce the knowledge that you don't like it. If you don't like narration, know it's coming and you split - you still have every right to say "I don't like narration."

Or did I have to live in Chicago in the 1920's to think Al Capone was a bad guy......

Take that mirror & look into it yourself :huh:

When we have to spend day after day, putting drum corps. under the microscope, analyze every, stinkin thing, about this show or that show, I think it may be time to get back to a little of the basic concept of drum corps. Clean, articulate music, precision drill, and knock 'em on their collective butt volume. Oh. just one other thing, THERE IS NO SINGING IN DRUM CORPS! Give me a friggin break. You want to sing? GO TO CHURCH.

Rant over.

"Smitty"

Velvet Knights '69-70

Anaheim Kingsmen '71-'72

Kingsmen Alumni Corps. 2005-?

When we have to spend day after day, putting drum corps. under the microscope, analyze every, stinkin thing, about this show or that show, I think it may be time to get back to a little of the basic concept of drum corps. Clean, articulate music, precision drill, and knock 'em on their collective butt volume. Oh. just one other thing, THERE IS NO SINGING IN DRUM CORPS! Give me a friggin break. You want to sing? GO TO CHURCH.

Rant over.

"Smitty"

Velvet Knights '69-70

Anaheim Kingsmen '71-'72

Kingsmen Alumni Corps. 2005-?

Smitty - I love you. :huh: I don't know who you are, but I love you......

You shouldn't NEED a blog or libretto or vocals to understand a show! If you're going to tell a story, tell it on the field so that it can be understood. If you're not doing that, you're creating confusion through what is ultimately poor design.

Cadets passed out a libretto in 1971, for goodness sakes, as did Regiment in 1981. Nothing wrong with that.

Rant over.

Um...singing has been in drum corps for decades.