Cadets

They amount to the same thing...when building 3rds from a root G

However, considering the voicing I'm hearing, I think it's better to look at it as a G major chord in the upper voices supported by F# minor in the lower...otherwise, you're looking at some 4th-inversion mess where analysis is concerned

And I've never heard of theories that support the notion of anything more than 3rd inversion

Edited by JMS0527

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who says the blog needs to be read?

Oh, & if I recall, a corps in th early 80's DID hand out a libretto.

and i got it without the libretto. But from what I have seen on video online, and the comments here, i agree with the need to tie it into last year. it would make much sense and would help the GE numbers

Personally, I thought Cascades narration last year was terribly distracting, and seriously impacted my ability to enjoy their program. I felt it was a terrible use of narration.

It was taken directly from the original, fyi...I thought it very effective...and the speaker had a marvelous voice.

It was taken directly from the original, fyi...I thought it very effective...and the speaker had a marvelous voice.

I know it was taken from the original. I agree, the speaker had a good voice and the amps never had any issues when I saw them. I still found the narration to be extremely annoying.

They amount to the same thing...when building 3rds from a root G

However, considering the voicing I'm hearing, I think it's better to look at it as a G major chord in the upper voices supported by F# minor in the lower...otherwise, you're looking at some 4th-inversion mess where analysis is concerned

And I've never heard of theories that support the notion of anything more than 3rd inversion

Ah, fun with theory! When I played it on the piano I had G in the lower, F#m higher, so that's what made me just say it was an 11.

Edited by Studio Tan

Just so long as you end it with the superimposed G major and F# minor chords being held for about 5 minutes B)
ONLY 5 minutes??? b**bs b**bs b**bs

Well that's purely at your discretion

• 5 years later...

gotcha :ph34r: