Fairfield OH Show Discussion Thread

"PHANTOM--I must admit, after they performed, I knew Coats would get them. They seemed tired IMO. That show and its intensity last night must have burned them out. Nevertheless, I was very proud of the guard's progress. Much better than I saw on season pass. The brass is truly phenomenal; however, the sops had some clarity issues that I hadn't noticed on the APD or season pass. ONce again, I think they were tired. I loved the part (I believe Ave Maria when....FOREWARNING, SKIP TO NEXT POST IF U DONT WANT INFO ABOUT THEIR SHOW....the sops put their horns down and pick up baris. Very nice. Once they clean visually and add some new stuff musically (hopefully) they will be ready for Finals. OUTSTANDING PERCUSSION THAT SHOULD WIN DRUMS AT FINALS!!!"

they were probably tired, they left rockford at 1pm CDT last night and the trip to ohio should have taken most of the night into the morning, also from my daughter, PR has a new closer that they were suppose to debut tonight , hopefully they can clean it in the next week or so

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the big question. What does all this mean? Two nights ago, Cadets beat Bloo by a point. Last night Phantom edges out Cadets. Tonight Bloo tops Phantom by a point. It's like rock, paper, scissors.

Yeah, I think PR passing Cadets got me a little more interested in how things will shake out.

Hopefully, it wasn't just a home show boost, and there will be some real question marks about 3-6 the rest of the season.

That's the big question. What does all this mean? Two nights ago, Cadets beat Bloo by a point. Last night Phantom edges out Cadets. Tonight Bloo tops Phantom by a point. It's like rock, paper, scissors.
My theory is that when they all meet it will open up a vortex to an alternate dimension... That's what's behind the door :beer: .

:lolhit:

Same stadium, but they now have field turf.

Same stadium...but..it has been altered a little in the way of accoustics....I t has been literally surrounded with 3-4 story buildings...the resonance is one of the best that i have ever heard for its size... I always thought that the stadium would be amazing for either the fairfield show to move, or the Louisville show to return Home...i don't know...we'll see i guess

I've not been to the UC stadium since they moved the show to Fairfield, but when they held it there, there was a huge noise problem from huge blower fans (air conditioning? power plant? can't remember) at the right end of the stadium facing the field. Is that still there? If so, I would not recommend going back.

nope the power plant is gone...it was torn down to make way for the rec center...very quiet rec center i might add...haha

Look, Last year Regiment was being beat by the Scouts all the way through SA. You really don't know where people will line up until the last 2-3 weeks of the season.

Crown - OMG I love this guard! :worthy: Hornline playing its most ambitious music book and marching the most ambitious visual book I've seen from Fort Mills. This can be a top six show if they clean up the music and the visuals.

Phantom - OMG I love this music book! Hornline plays the bejeebus out of it. The guard was exquisitely integrated into the musical progression of the Faust tale. The Ave Maria brought me to unashamed tears. Fantastic show, one that will be top five for sure. Just needs some cleaning visually and musically. The drumline is KILLER!! Best I've ever heard from Rockford.

Bluecoats - Clean music + clean visuals = winning show, and they deserved it tonight. The finest hornline balance I have ever heard from Canton. Very nice dynamic contrasts and visuals throughout, a beautifully played show!! Great guard work as well!!

Crown is clean, but I don't know if this show can make it to top 6...they are good though, Van Doren hornline!

PR, Ave Maria is awesome....loved every second of it.

Bluecoats are the real deal....for all you brass and percussion folk out there, if/when you see this show if you don't have a better appreciation for color guard there is something wrong. They are flat out entertaining.

DW

Looking at recaps, Phantom's Visual Perf score was 1.4 points below their score in Rockford. That's a HUGE drop. Perhaps it was an off night, or driven by dirt from the new ending (if there is one as reported)? I'd be shocked if Regiment wasn't exceptionally tired and drained yesterday, and I wasn't surprised 'Coats won.

The margin was a little surprising though, and it 7 tenths of the margin (Vis Perf / 2) would have come from this Vis Perf score. Considering where Regiment was in GE Music compared to BD & Cadets (tied for first), the gap in GE Music is interesting as well. Can't wait to see both of these corps in Texas soon! Congrats to Bluecoats on what is looking like their best year ever.

Harvey