Cap Reg

Capital was on fire last night! Major improvments from the first competition and plenty of room to grow. I have not seen and unfortunately will not get to see the other corps that they are neck to neck with, but I would be suprised if Capital doesn't make finals with this corps.

Capital, are you no longer using the tubes?

I can't wait to see the show in Crew Stadium. Going on after the Blue Devils won't bother them one bit. :beer:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, I saw them in Bloomington, where I was less than enamored, then a week later in Rockford, where I really enjoyed it, so any talk of Capital Regiment undergoing exponential improvement is probably to be taken at face value.

Edited by Studio Tan

Capital has had 2 rehearsal days this week and has changed several things in the show. A frisbee throw from 30 to 25. New guard work and staging during the ballad, nuances in the hornline, and the drumline smokin the tempos!

In Dublin, our Joia Tubes player was sent home for a few days due to a strep throat infection, and we felt in the best interest of the corps to do so.

Keep watching for more out of Capital Regiment! July 5th 68.65 vs. July 12th 76.00....8 points in 7 days, that's a pretty good start on the mid-season surge for CR!!!

:beer:

Capital has had 2 rehearsal days this week and has changed several things in the show. A frisbee throw from 30 to 25. New guard work and staging during the ballad, nuances in the hornline, and the drumline smokin the tempos!

In Dublin, our Joia Tubes player was sent home for a few days due to a strep throat infection, and we felt in the best interest of the corps to do so.

Keep watching for more out of Capital Regiment! July 5th 68.65 vs. July 12th 76.00....8 points in 7 days, that's a pretty good start on the mid-season surge for CR!!!

:beer:

I can't wait to see capital in Decatur ;)

Edited by Mark Walton

Last night's encore in Dublin was something special to hear and to watch. The kids were having FUN! I'm sure they were pumped by their score and by the crowd reaction.

I have to be honest with you, when it was announced that Cap Reg was doing the encore I wasn't thrilled about it. They were the 5th place corps in a 6 corps field. Man am I glad I stayed to hear it. The intensity and shear volume of the corps was something I wasn't anticipating. I've heard this corps many times over the years and heard them several times over the winter and pre-tour.

I thought the 2004 corps had really set them up for a "move up the ladder". Last year's corps (maybe I should say last year's show) just didn't achieve what I thought was possible for them. After last night's performance I think the 2006 corps(and show) will take CR to new heights.

I don't know if they will be a finalist this year, but the opportunity is certainly there. I am confident they will leave the field in Madison with a ton of new fans.

This I will predict...

The scores for the 3 Ohio corps, when added together after semi-finals, will beat the top 3 scores from any other state (California).

OHIO - the home of quality drum corps.

One thing is for sure, this is one of the best years DCI has seen in a LONG time. I do hope my Blue Stars continue to out score Cap Reg, but if they don't it only means that Cap Reg has one AMAZING show, which I'm sure they do. Let's raise our collective glasses to ALL of the amazing corps perfoming in Div I this year. Cheers baby, Madison is going to be SPECTACULAR!