Cap Reg

Capital Regiment – man these guys rocked at the Fairfield show, and i heard they did even better last night at the dublin show . They sounded much cleaner at the fairfield show than i was expecting and I think their “loudness” was second only to phantom (they have some balls). This show is REALLY growing on me. The more clean it gets …the more I like it. Wayne Dillon did a great job with the show concept and I think that those mellos are some of the best in DCI today…they were just SMOKIN’ ..Derek Gipson should be commended on creating an excellent brass line. The ballad still has some issues. It just doesn’t build like it should. I never get that feeling of euphoric bliss that i look for in a ballad….also, I really like the singing….i never thought I would say that. They add it in a way that I can say…honestly fits in to the music very, very well. The voices are not overdone, the voices are just one more part of the music…very cool…Also the drill is getting cleaner but is still their weak point. It seems pretty tough and the corps seems to have the stamina. Just needs to work on making the sets cleaner. Technique looked better than glassmen and almost as good as Carolina, IMO. I really look foreword to seeing this corps at their home show at Crew stadium…it is a beautiful stadium and I imagine I will enjoy watching corps there…good luck cap reg….this could be the year for you!...what does everyone else think about the show?...anyone who has seen it feel free to chime in

Edited by Hawsebt

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Capital Regiment has a strong show. I don't know if they'll make finals with it because it's a tight race this year, but I enjoyed their show. The new uniforms are a downgrade, though.

Cap Reg is improving very dramatically....It looks to me as if those kids have made a decision to turn on the after burners....Im looking at scores and they are sitting right around 12th......The show is very difficult from a timing stand point and i think things are looking up for Cap Reg right now because they have decided to commit to their technique, both marching and musically....I see Cap Reg taking 12th for sure this year....Good Luck guys

Capital Regiment is doing a very good job with a very good show. I think 12th would be pushing a little high though. I don't think their show is anywhere near the level of Colts, who are also fighting to get back into finals. I would think they will place somewhere between 15-18th place. i have yet to see the Cali corps yet, but have heard all apds. I think Mandarins will beat Capital Regiment, with Pacific Crest and Capital Regiment neck and neck.

It is nice to have some many amazing corps with amazing shows, something we didn't see as much of during the 90's.

Edited by gottalovit

Last time I saw Cap Reg was on the Indy Season Pass. They have a pretty good program and they sounded pretty good at the time. I'm not sure if the program is good enough to make Finals just because of what the previous poster said. If I recall correctly, Colts (and Xmen) were 6 pointing Cap Reg a couple weeks ago. I'll have a better read on them after watching San Antonio's show.

Edited by dciguy01

If I recall correctly, Colts (and Xmen) were 6 pointing Cap Reg a couple weeks ago.

Key word... "were" :)

A couple of nights ago head to head with Crossmen, Capital Regiment was only 0.95 back. Some exciting things have been happening within the program recently, and the kids are having a blast with it. The goal this year is to walk off that field together in Madison knowing that they had the best possible performance they could muster, Finals or no Finals, it makes no difference.

Best of luck Capital Regiment! Keep it up! :worthy:

Edited by IMcomguy

Cap Reg is improving very dramatically....It looks to me as if those kids have made a decision to turn on the after burners....Im looking at scores and they are sitting right around 12th......The show is very difficult from a timing stand point and i think things are looking up for Cap Reg right now because they have decided to commit to their technique, both marching and musically....I see Cap Reg taking 12th for sure this year....Good Luck guys

Brandon, is that you??

This is the OTHER Brandon from '04. Whats up man!

And as for Cap Reg kickin' butt this year. GET IT CAP!

Capital Regiment is doing a very good job with a very good show. I think 12th would be pushing a little high though. I don't think their show is anywhere near the level of Colts, who are also fighting to get back into finals. I would think they will place somewhere between 15-18th place. i have yet to see the Cali corps yet, but have heard all apds. I think Mandarins will beat Capital Regiment, with Pacific Crest and Capital Regiment neck and neck.

It is nice to have some many amazing corps with amazing shows, something we didn't see as much of during the 90's.

Im not sure if you noticed..but cap reg recieved a 76.0 with colts coming in at 74.9......Even with the averaged scores, cap reg is just at 1 point behind colts....The thing that makes this show special is the fact that It wont level off at any time during the course of the season....Its a platform that will continue to grow all the way through finals week.....Drum line is doing well also....sitting 12th place, less than a point behind crown, boston, and glassmen....These guys are for real this year

I'll be checking them out again in Decatur tomorrow night and look forward to hearing how they sound outside. I know historically they've tended to be at their best late in the season but it looks like they're having a better July than in seasons past.

Right on. I love their show. I've seen it three times and like it more and more each time I see it. Their version of Equus, if you ask me, sounds better in terms of staying true to the original composition than the arrangement Cadets did last year (I also heard that Eric Whitacre HATED the way Cadets played it last season). I could see them eventually edging their way into the Top 12 in the future.