Cap Reg

I tend not to make predictions, but I believe I will be watching CR on finals night.

This is a very young corps and this is the year that many of us have been waiting for.

GO CAP!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right on. I love their show. I've seen it three times and like it more and more each time I see it. Their version of Equus, if you ask me, sounds better in terms of staying true to the original composition than the arrangement Cadets did last year (I also heard that Eric Whitacre HATED the way Cadets played it last season). I could see them eventually edging their way into the Top 12 in the future.

It wasn't an arrangement of Equus, it was an original piece by Jay Bocook that was inspired by Equus.

I haven't heard CR live yet this year, but from what I have heard I like it :)

Not to be a negative nelly, but I saw them in South Milwaukee and didn't really like the program at all. The opener is really unmusical. Sleep is a good tune, but they're horns sounded tired and unbalanced. They didn't do it justice. I liked what they did with the bass marimba thinger, but that was about it.

Overall, I thought Blue stars were much much better, both in program and performance.

Not to be a negative nelly

Too bad thats exactly what you did.

Ignore the nay-sayers Cap! YOUR SHOW ROCKS!

Too bad thats exactly what you did. Ignore the nay-sayers Cap! YOUR SHOW ROCKS!

I don't think he was being too negative. I don't totally agree with him, as I found it to be pretty melodic as far as drum corps shows go these days, but his "negativity" is a pillow fight compared to the scathing criticism of The Corps That Must Not Be Named.

Not to be a negative nelly, but I saw them in South Milwaukee and didn't really like the program at all.

That's ok. Neither did I, and I'm touring with the corps! :P

I'll put it to you this way, if you ask anyone in the corps, South Milwaukee was like a year ago in terms of the corps progress. I think the scores reflect the changes and progress the corps has been making over the past week. There have been many positive additions to the show that will continue to aide in the journey of taking this corps to the next level, that's for sure.

Hopefully you can catch them at another show soon and see what's changed.

I don't think he was being too negative. I don't totally agree with him, as I found it to be pretty melodic as far as drum corps shows go these days, but his "negativity" is a pillow fight compared to the scathing criticism of The Corps That Must Not Be Named.

I don't mind him being negative at all! Opinion is opinion.

But if you're going to be negative, BE negative, don't begin your post by saying you aren't.

One way or the other. Stand by your opinion.

I've seen Capital Regiment in both Michigan City and Indianapolis. Their drumline is HUGE and is playing fantastic stuff, their hornline is plenty loud and playing fairly decent and difficult stuff. The show they've taken on this year has lots of room for improvement, which will play a large factor in the ladder part of this season. It's just going to be a matter of which drum corps organization and staff can clean their show the most. If Capital Regiment does not make finals this year, they'll probably make it next year. The whole organization is gaining popularity and turning many heads. Capital Regiment is fast becoming a powerhouse. They have a strong foundation as far as the whole organization goes so they can do anything they put their minds to.