100% Positive about Cadets 2006 Thread

There are two members from Dutch Boy there that are amazing kids!

Looking at the small clip I saw I would say the battery is incredibly talented - nothing new for Cadets there.

To my fellow anti-ampers - this isn't the place for it - plenty of other threads for that.

w/Stp:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

update to my fellow anti-ampers.

Our collective credibility thanks to the posts on this thread....

sinking

..........sinking

......................sinking

Not really, George. This is about on par for him.

ehh - now the personal slam isn't going to make this any better - is it? Lets stay talking about the drum corps - and this thread is on POSITIVE stuff regarding the Cadets.

I've done my part - who else here has postive things to say about 2006 Cadets - the corps that practiced today mastering its new 28 pages of drill learned since Tuesday - and countless changes and additions to its program? 100 degree heat in Denver today - kids (not just Cadets, BK, etc) working their buts off to entertain us --- THEY DESERVE MORE THAN THIS IMHO

Positive huh....

The beginning is way rad, assuming the drums have cleaned up the air drumming.

The ballad is spiffy.

The drumline has enough notes for two shows.

Mauve benches!

And the modulating Twilight Zone gives me the heebie jeebies, but in a good way.

2006 champ.

i like that they officially dont have a hometown

their brassline has once agin created one of my favorite ballads this summer, right there with bluecoats!

Their show design also makes me interested. Now everytime I watch that show ( dvd or livE) I can get something new, discover more, and find something cool.

Hello everyone. This is my first post here at dcp.

Anyway, to stay on topic, I saw The Cadets in Indianapolis. I really loved the ballad. One of the more beautiful things about it was how Alice was led across the benches by the other characters. The choreography and her encountering artifacts from last year's show just fit so well with the music. I had chills running up and down my spine the entire time.

Another part I enjoyed was the tea party section. I can see how many are turned off by this section as there is somewhat of a visual/audio overload. However, this section really seemed to excite my senses and attention. My eyes were darting around trying to take it all in while enjoying the drumline's performance. It left me wanting more; to watch it again. I love that feeling where there are more stones to be turned over. I can't wait to see it again so I can discover something else in this section. I suppose that's just the type of person I am. Sometimes I'll read a book a second time just to take in all the details and to analyze the author's style, intent, etc.