Top ten Blue Devils shows of "all time"

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen too much of the ol' Blue Devils, unfortunately. I love the 1986 show, but what the heck are they wearing? Puffy shirts?

Yah, that's where Seinfeld got the inspiration for that "pirate-garb" show with the 'puffy shirt"!!!!

Top 10 Blue Devils shows, for me?

All of 'em. :P

But seriously, folks.....

These come to mind:

In particular, the Devils' 1982 performance at the show in Bayonne, NJ, to this day ranks as one of the top two or three performances I've ever seen, on any level of the drum corps activity. Absolutely incredible.

Fran

Summer Train Blues Mix anyone???

:beer:

Awesome music, and super awesome hornline!!! The end of the show just didn't quite finish it off for me, though. I wanted to end with the train pullin' in to the station ROARIN' - not leavin! Maybe with a reprise of the 12/8 section from the opener!!! Park it and bark it!!!

In particular, the Devils' 1982 performance at the show in Bayonne, NJ, to this day ranks as one of the top two or three performances I've ever seen, on any level of the drum corps activity. Absolutely incredible.

Fran

Fran,

No kidding ! I remember that night vividly. We had rehearsal tha night for Cranford Patriots, Carmen had heard how like half the corps was going to that show and he told us all the night before that if anyone isnt at practice , we ere going to be "kicked out" of the corps ! Well, low and behold, looking in the stands I think about thirty of us were there that night. What a line up, Garfield Cadets, Phantom, BD, 27th, Freelancers, Bridgemen......But that night belonged to BD ! Unbeleivable !

~G~

Aside from the '02 show, I haven't been big on Devs the last ten years or so. Either my taste changed or their aim changed. :beer:

You know, I think that is a good point. For me the beginning of the end of their enjoyable shows was 95. 96 started the trail towards disjointment with smaller and smaller chunks of melody. I think the desire to experiment and produce "shows" began to be predominant, and less was focused on the desire to wow the audience, i.e. they wanted to play the game. That in mind the only two shows that I absolutely LOVE since 95 are 99 and 02. Both amazing shows.

99 should have been a solo title for BD if they would have had a good run. I'd LOVE to get my hands on a copy of their semi finals show to hear how much better that was.

1.)1988

2.)1993

3.)1984

4.)1990

5.)1983

6.)1976

7.)1985

8.)2002

9.)1991

10.)1986

Except for 1988, these are in no particular order....just my favorite shows as they come to mind. Man it's hard for me to pick!