100% Positive about Bluecoats 2006 Thread

I haven't seen a single negative Bluecoats topic since I've joined this site.

and only a few negative comments, that were pretty well defended.

~>conner

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear the colorguard is outstanding this year. They were really great last year, leading me to believe they are better this year ?? Wow, cant wait.

I really want them to shock everyone and get it together and contend for a top spot. !

I can not wait to see them go BLOOOOOOO

~G~

Question: Can someone or alot of someones tell me about the drill ?? Is it melodical ?? wide open, full of unique sets and "WOW" moves ?? Please: Explain, explain, explain !!

No real 'wow' moments in either music or drill (though there are some mini wow's in both categories, imho), but the drill is expansive, the guard's well integrated into the package, and the whole visual package generally works to effectively underscore what they're trying to do musically. I saw them twice in the first weeks of the season, and on both situations thought they were performing extremely well with good attention to detail, which indicated a good winter/spring program and a staff that has their stuff together.

All in all, they're moving in a very good direction. They'll still need to take some real risks in programming in order to make that next leap, but they do appear to be getting their ducks in a row to do that.

I agree with what everyone's said thus far. I think Bloooo has a nice chance of a top 4 finish. I will pass up the opportunity to see them and some other corps so I can see the finished product at finals. It should be awesome. I previously marched with about 7 members of 2006 Bluecoats and they are ecstatic, as am I. Best of luck BLOOOO!!!

The Bluecoats are very clean the transitions from one form to the next are very well written. I'm very happy the Bluecoats are taking the next step. I'll be in Denver cheering you on!

What happened to the Cadet positive thread?

The Bluecoats are very clean the transitions from one form to the next are very well written. I'm very happy the Bluecoats are taking the next step. I'll be in Denver cheering you on!

What happened to the Cadet positive thread?

Easy to sound that great when your book isn't hard and your drill is easy. Not knocking the corps, they sound great, no doubt. Just wondering if the demand is there cause I certainly don't see nor hear it.

How can you NOT be positive about BLOOOOOO this year!? They are doing it right, have the fans behind them, and are fun to watch. I even bought my first Bluecoats souvie, a throwback softball jersey. I'll be wearing it a finals. (wouldn't a Phantom/Bluecoats 1/2 or vice versa finish be nice?)

From what I've seen on Season Pass there's is plenty to keep them busy but DANG!

Drum line is hot (youtube) and the guard is "en fuego". Brass beating Devils and Regiment? :blink:

The numbers will be there for them when it counts.

Things are tightening up and all guns are firing.

Friends on tour say they are focused and the vibe is amazing.

Can't wait to see for myself LIVE in San Antone...

BLOOOOOOOOO!

As the corps continues to enhance the visual and musical program, I am confident that this will be long regarded as the best year in Bluecoats history. There is momentum behind this program, and the drive within the members and staff is sure to lead to new territory, come Saturday evening in Madison.

Scott

Allaina's Dad

I don't understand how people think there is not a lot of demand in the Bluecoats show. Have you listened to the drum book, the horn book, and watched the colorguard? This is for all intents and purposes a top 3 show. The Brass scores have them beating a highly regarded brass program (that also wears blue).

I sincerely hope that this activity is truly honest when people say that they would like to see someone new in the top 3 other than Cavs, BD, and Cadets or do they mean that they want someone new at the top so long as they are from Rockford or Madison?