Its A great pleasure to have you all here today

I'm covering it for kusankusho..who asked a question..

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

folks really into Cadets consider 2003 their weakest outing of since 1982. 2000 was a good show - mostly from a performance standpoint but other than 2006 & 2005 "Cadet geeks" are mostly into 1998 of the recent outings. 98, 05 & 06 rule the world.

oh - and deciding its the "worst drum corps show ever" off an ADP is just silly

And you accuse ME of speaking for a group of people? Are you seriously claiming that 90% of big Cadets fans think view 1998, 2005, and 2006 as their three favorite shows? I'm sure the results are much more varied than that. I thought 2003 was an amazing production from both a musical and visual standpoint.

I saw the 2006 show live and I did not enjoy it at all...prior to that I had listened to the Memorial Brass recording and memorized it beginning to end, so this isn't a case of me not being familiar with the show. It's corny and silly. Unless I'm watching the Velvet Knights, I never want to a see a drum corps show that's undeniably corny and silly. I prefer mature, emotional, powerful, entertaining, amazing, awe-inspiring, and glorious. How about you?

We already covered that. It's one line and lasts about 2 seconds. If THAT ruins the show for someone they are just being silly in my opinion

Let me preface this with the obligatory IMHO and apologies for repeating myself if not for the content....

I hate this turn that the activity has taken. Flat out. I'm saddened and sickened. I want no part of it. If I do go back to a show someday and I see a mic being set up - I'm out of my seat till that corps is done. I hate it that much.

And you accuse ME of speaking for a group of people? Are you seriously claiming that 90% of big Cadets fans think view 1998, 2005, and 2006 as their three favorite shows?

I never said "90%" - so no - I'm not claiming something I never said. The hardcore Cadet geeks I know feel that way - but its not a scientific survey. They also all felt 2003 was one of their weakest outings in a design sense - obviously the performance was still pretty good...

I have never read "Alice in Wonderland," I know nothing of the story whatsoever, and I have no idea what's going on in this "tea party" scene. I go to drum corps shows to be entertained, not confused.

have you seen the Godfather? or read Faust? bc i havent done either, but i can still tell whats going on...

and if you havent, does that mean BDs and PRs shows confuse you?

Actually, since you've missed it, there is an effort on many of the members' parts to keep things constructive.

So try it, ok ? You seem to want to play protector of the Cadets. Its ok to have less than positive opinions on aspects of a Cadets show. Thats called life. You say we claim the same things over and over ? All you do is swoop in and comment on those things over and over. We are adding to the discussion, you are commenting on our posts, Flattering, but really add something tangible to the discussion.

You do this every year to whoever has a less than ideal thought or comment regarding the Cadets, did you know that ? The threads and ideas would actually stay on topic and remain civil if you take your own advice. Not just my opinion, go back and re-read all of your responses to people just living and posting on the forum. Its true.

~G~

Blue Devils

...thanks - and that was just added in the last week or so, right? Blue Stars added it a couple of weeks back - do any others plan to add it, does anyone know? Seems to be a trend so brace yourself for one or two more.

Let me preface this with the obligatory IMHO and apologies for repeating myself if not for the content....

I hate this turn that the activity has taken. Flat out. I'm saddened and sickened. I want no part of it. If I do go back to a show someday and I see a mic being set up - I'm out of my seat till that corps is done. I hate it that much.

It's just a fad. It's obviously not here to stay. This isn't an "evolution" like asymmetrical drill or valved horns. High school bands have been doing this for years and years and years, someone thought it would be a good idea to bring into DCI and obviously it was not. It's adding something completely new to drum corps--something that has not happened in over 50 years. I don't expect this lasting past 2009 or so.

True about the Blue Devils...don't know about anyone else