Velvet Knights Attempting a Comeback

VK was always one of my favorite drum corps because they brought fun and frivolity onto that serious stage, plus they did it at a very high level (having been in the finals many times). Apparently they are trying to raise money to put a corps on the field for 07. I, for one, am excited. What do you think their first show back from the break should be? I am thinking (2)007, James Bond...with the whole guard playing Odd Job or something...

VK was always one of my favorite drum corps because they brought fun and frivolity onto that serious stage, plus they did it at a very high level (having been in the finals many times). Apparently they are trying to raise money to put a corps on the field for 07. I, for one, am excited. What do you think their first show back from the break should be? I am thinking (2)007, James Bond...with the whole guard playing Odd Job or something...

check this out

http://www.vkyao.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3

I have very cautious observations about the return of VK. While it is great to have the potential comeback, I'm also not expecting the 1992 corps to step on the field next year either. My question is: Is this group truly the Velvet Knights or another startup organization like Impulse originally was? To my knowledge, they can not use the Velvet Knights name due to the tax issues that still persist in the original corps. So what makes them any different?

With that being said, any new corps is a great thing. Best of luck.

I don't see James Bond being an option. Copywrite is virtually impossible for that music and the Cavaliers were very lucky to have been granted permission to use it. In fact, Copycat licensing that did the work for the Cavaliers won't even try to do it for anyone else again.

When and if they do return to prominence...I'd love to see them give the ol VK treatment to amps, vo's and singing...

Not that I'm against it...but it would be the funniest thing ever :)

Edited by radiosteele

I don't see James Bond being an option. Copywrite is virtually impossible for that music and the Cavaliers were very lucky to have been granted permission to use it. In fact, Copycat licensing that did the work for the Cavaliers won't even try to do it for anyone else again.

Considering I can't go a year down here without hearing a band play a James Bond show at some contest or another, I wonder how accurate that statement is.

Re: nomenclature

Is it possible that the parent organization can be referred to as VK Inc., or something like that, while the on-field corps can still be called the Velvet Knights? Is there a way they can purchase or otherwise obtain the Velvet Knights name, because just calling them "VK" is kind of silly.

Re: nomenclature

Is it possible that the parent organization can be referred to as VK Inc., or something like that, while the on-field corps can still be called the Velvet Knights? Is there a way they can purchase or otherwise obtain the Velvet Knights name, because just calling them "VK" is kind of silly.

Our legalname is VK Youth Arts Organization, Inc., and yes, we are a 501©(3) Non-Profit Corporation.

Our attorney is taking care of the rest of the name.

Hope this clears some of it up for you.

Secretary

VKYAO

www.vkyao.org

Considering I can't go a year down here without hearing a band play a James Bond show at some contest or another, I wonder how accurate that statement is.

They are either playing a licensed store bought arrangement or are doing it illegally.

Freaking Amazing!!! I start a thread about how great it is to hear of the return of VK and some person who is "in charge" decide to close the thread. Now this one starts up. I give up!