Current DCA Standings

You nailed it Liz.......it is a "it is what it is".

The judges were very helpful in the critique, the fans loved being at the home show, and we had fun. We (The Kilties) only worry about ourselves and taking personal responsibilty on the individual member level. There's others to sort out the rest. :)

Rock on Kilties. Waiting to see you in the finals Sunday night in Rochester.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tho for you long time Kilted ones, i think a 73, even on D2/3 sheets is a record high

Govies were judged on 2/3 sheets in Chippewa Falls as well. Bt of course, scores shmores. We had a great time!

DCP rocks!

Govies and Kilties were on 2/3 sheets? Odd... especially since it seems that their scores seemed to have progressed appropriately had they been on DCA sheets. Curious. (Makes me wonder if those judges had taken a glance at this thread, wondering what score they should give them...)

I suppose that I could revert them back to their last score on DCA sheets. *shrug* Or I could just leave them, since comparing scores of different corps at different shows on different dates isn't 100% accurate anyway.

Should I change them back to reflect their previous DCA score? Or leave them since the scores looked appropriate and this whole list is just an ever-changing snapshot that's going to be readjusted as soon as there's more shows anyway?

Govies and Kilties were on 2/3 sheets? Odd... especially since it seems that their scores seemed to have progressed appropriately had they been on DCA sheets. Curious. (Makes me wonder if those judges had taken a glance at this thread, wondering what score they should give them...)

I suppose that I could revert them back to their last score on DCA sheets. *shrug* Or I could just leave them, since comparing scores of different corps at different shows on different dates isn't 100% accurate anyway.

Should I change them back to reflect their previous DCA score? Or leave them since the scores looked appropriate and this whole list is just an ever-changing snapshot that's going to be readjusted as soon as there's more shows anyway?

IMHO. they should be changed to their last actual DCA score. The corps were judged on DCI sheets this past weekend. If one wants an informal "snapshot" just look at their last DCI sheet scored show and compare to the most recent to gauge any potential improvement.

Personally, I do not care about these things, and as a corps, The Kilties are only concerned about personal member responsibility/commitment to improve and what we can control on the field. There are others that will sort the rest out.

Edited by bill

I would not be shocked to see CV get its highest placement ever this year. I've been a part of or seen every CV show since 2000 and I can say this is the best "total package" they have ever put together. In past years, this would probably be a Top 6 show, but everyone is raising their game, so we'll just have to see where the chips fall Labor Day Weekend.

And, yes, the Hurcs are good. I've only followed DCA since 2000. This is the best overall production I have seen out of them during that span of time. Where will they finish? Who knows? Everyone can have an opinion on it. I don't have an informed opinion since I have not seen the corps that others appear to put in the upper echelon. And, of course, the Midwest and West Coasters will again be X factors that could really shake things up.

It is also interesting to look at the corps that appear to be floating around the "lower echelon" of Open Class. Might there be a new Top 10 face this year? That wouldn't surprise me either.

Follow-up on this post. I may have missed discussion about this somewhere in the 20-plus pages in this thread. Anyone else notice CV and Hurcs had about a 10 point spread on Sky in Maryland and Sky was within about 8 points of Brigs at Binghamton?

Yes, different shows, different dates, Sky had another week to rehearse, different judges, blah, blah..... But it is at least some evidence that CV and Hurcs might be ready to jump to that 5-8 level come Rochester. No disrespect to Brigs. They are proven champions. The fact that CV and Hurcs are being mentioned along with them is intended as praise for both corps.

Just food for thought....

Follow-up on this post. I may have missed discussion about this somewhere in the 20-plus pages in this thread. Anyone else notice CV and Hurcs had about a 10 point spread on Sky in Maryland and Sky was within about 8 points of Brigs at Binghamton?

Yes, different shows, different dates, Sky had another week to rehearse, different judges, blah, blah..... But it is at least some evidence that CV and Hurcs might be ready to jump to that 5-8 level come Rochester. No disrespect to Brigs. They are proven champions. The fact that CV and Hurcs are being mentioned along with them is intended as praise for both corps.

A battle for placements at the top of the heap...a battle for placements in the lower part of the top 10... and a whole bunch of stuff happening in the middle.

No matter how this all shakes out, it should be a very interesting weekend in Rochester this year!

Fran

havent seen CV yet, but Hurcs have potential

Since DCP isn't running their ranking system for DCA corps, here's what Finals would look like if only the corps with scores were in it, and their most recent scores were the ones that counted:

Note: Corps not attending DCA Championships are in italics

1. Buccaneers 89.700 (Binghamton, NY July 29)

2. Empire Statesmen 87.435 (Binghamton, NY July 29)

3. Bushwackers 86.875 (Binghamton, NY July 29)

4. Caballeros 84.750 (Lewisburg, PA July 22)

5. Brigadiers 80.550 (Binghamton, NY July 29)

6. Hurricanes 79.725 (Arnold, MD July 22)

7. CorpsVets 79.413 (Arnold, MD July 22)

8. Minnesota Brass 78.380 (Stillwater, MN July 10)

9. Renegades 75.225 (Sunnyvale, CA July 15)

10. Carolina Gold 73.463 (Clifton, NJ July 15)

11. Kilties 73.100 (Racine, WI July 29)

12. Skyliners 72.388 (Binghamton, NY July 29)

River City Regiment 70.220 (Modesto, CA July 26)

13. Music City Legend 70.125 (Arnold, MD July 22)

14. Crusaders 69.600 (Lewisburg, PA July 22)

15. Sunrisers 69.075 (Arnold, MD July 22)

16. SoCal Dream 69.460 (Riverside, CA July 28)

17. Govenaires 68.950 (Chippewa Falls, WI July 28)

18. White Sabers 66.375 (Binghamton, NY July 29)

19. Chops Inc. 62.688 (Mankato, MN July 11)

And Class A, separated out from the pack:

1. SoCal Dream 69.460 (Riverside, CA July 28)

2. Govenaires 68.950 (Chippewa Falls, WI July 28)

3. White Sabers 66.375 (Binghamton, NY July 29)

4. Chops Inc. 62.688 (Mankato, MN July 11)

No score yet:

Alliance (First score Aug 5)

Frontier (First score Aug 19)

Gulf Coast Sound (First score Aug 5)

Jackson Generals (First score Aug 5)

Lakeshoremen (First score Aug 19)

Mon Valley Express (First score Aug 5)

You got to figure that witha 79 nearly three weeks ago, MBI is still in the thick of things. I can't wait to bring this show to Rochester!