Current DCA Standings

i have nothing against you or your corps. you stated that you don't think Hurcs deserved their score without seeing their show. you seemingly slotted the corps with no personal knowledge of their performance. how is that, in fact, NOT biased?

i pointed out facts to you which you apparently consider to be immature. so be it. i suggested that you wait until both corps went head to head, or at least you see their show, before claiming they received a score you think is too high. if that is bragging so be it.

but quite frankly the personal attack was completely unnecessary.

Sorry, i felt you were attacking me and my corps too, but if not meant that way, i apologize.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude! Here's my unbaised and mature opinion: attacking others is not exactly mature. Quite frankly I find it laughable that you call out people for maturity and then go do this. My unbiased opinion is that the Hurcs were better 2 weeks ago than Cru was when I saw you in Lewisburg. And the reason that no one seems to have problems with your opinions is because in the middle of the season no one seems to want to go out on a limb. Face it - in mid-July who wants to #### off their corps' management and get into a debate over two corps that haven't even gone head to head? Even I wouldn't have done that.

Here's more unbiased and mature advice:

Go listen to your judges tapes, work your butt off on the field this weekend with your staff, and leave the adjudicating to the people hired by DCA. When you are out there in the middle of the line playing, you're not exactly unbiased.

I have listened to the tapes, and am working my butt off, and thaty is all i can do! (like said before) i wasn't saying Cru was better than Hurcs, i was just usuing Hurcs as an example, i could have picked one of the other corps there, but me being a fan of Hurcs, they came first to mind. As brassomaniac, the jump in score is what is questioned here not, WHO IS BETTER THAN WHO, and if it came across that way, again my bad.

I wonder why it is that some one can't simply read someone elses opinion with out reacting in a way that would start a confrontation.

Oh PLEASE!

typical of what you get here if you don't kiss up to every corps and every performance.

I, unfortunately had to stipulate, more than once, that it was not a reflection on any of the corps at the show (because of people LIKE YOU who want to shut up every comment you don't like). I can't be insulting the corps at the show BECAUSE I DIDN'T SEE THEM!

I made it abundantly clear to anyone but a moron that I was questioning the jump in scores compared to the other contest that night. I never suggested that the judges purposely jumped up the scores to make anyone feel good or that the comparisons between the corps that night weren't proper (couldn't suggest that - again, didn't see the show).

I made NO ascertion that ANY corps didn't derserve their score -ONLY noticed the huge jump in numbers. EXCUUUSE MEEEEEEEE!

This forum is greatly reduced in value because of attacks like these. They always suggest that the subject doesn't know what he's talking about, BUT THE ATTACKER MOST SURELY DOES! AND, OF COURSE, THE ATTACKER ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT TO BE INSULTING AND TO VOICE HIS/HER OPINIONS!

In my short time on this forum I have seen enough of this to have a very poor view of the tolerance for ideas and opinions here. I only hope that newbies to the drum corps world don't see any of this.

Further, I'll lay money that in 2 weeks I'll be proven right in my analysis anyway. Maybe you can apologize to me then.

PS. Yes, I have finally learned to keep my opinions to myself, as there is little chance for a free and honest debate of ideas and opinions on this forum.

thanks for nothing

BTW: for all the mental and physical toughness you people must have (and is necessary for this activity) some of you sure have fragile egos. ALWAYS have to apologize in advance so as not to hurt anyones feelings, and then you STILL get flamed.

Edited by brassomaniac

PS. Yes, I have finally learned to keep my opinions to myself, as there is little chance for a free and honest debate of ideas and opinions on this forum.

thanks for nothing

because the free and honest debating of ideas and opinons needs to include personal attacks?

calling somone a moron because they didn't read things the way you had hoped doesn't help foster conversation. it only impedes it because threads will be shut down for a violation of the guidelines.

other than the whole personal attack thing, there are many things i haven't agreed with and have been vocal about without feeling that i need to keep my opinons to myself or feeling that they couldn't be discussed on this forum. sorry you feel you can't participate here.

because the free and honest debating of ideas and opinons needs to include personal attacks?

calling somone a moron because they didn't read things the way you had hoped doesn't help foster conversation. it only impedes it because threads will be shut down for a violation of the guidelines.

other than the whole personal attack thing, there are many things i haven't agreed with and have been vocal about without feeling that i need to keep my opinons to myself or feeling that they couldn't be discussed on this forum. sorry you feel you can't participate here.

Sorry, but you might have missed that I was attacked first. It was an insulting reply to my post. If you slap me; I slap back.

I didn't call anyone, in particular, a moron. I stand by my comment that my point was made in plain english, easily understandable AND I made it clear I didn't see the show and was only camparing the movement of scores. There was no basis to assume that this was an attack or slight to any corps SINCE I ALSO CLEARLY STATED THAT IT WAS NOT (multiple times!).

can you believe what you have to go through to make a simple statement on this forum?

Maybe the thought police can make a list of what I'm not supposed to say, so that I can continue to participate.

I have to add that I DO really appreciate the people with whom I've had intelligent discussions here; as those discussions been thoroughly enjoyable and informative.

Oh, and thank YOU, Liz (sincerely), for your polite and concerned reply which I'm sure was intended to bring some civility to this exchange.

Edited by brassomaniac

Unfortunately, written communication today is usually not interpreted the way we usually want it to be read. Sometimes we write things, don't re-read it, send it out and then get attacked for it being negative. In reality, we didn't mean anything negative but someone reads our post and BAM...take it in the wrong way. Heck, I've been taken out of context many times.

The bad move was to mention or compare your corps and another corps. Pretty much everyone will jump on you.

Have to say this though...I haven't seen anyone but by looking at the standings and scores and past DCA judging habits you may want to back up and take a really good look at just your corps. When I was with Cru you could basically guess real good what your score would be that night. Scores would rise consistently from show to show. I don't see that with Cru and it bothers me. I would, if I were you, back away from DCP forums for a while...lurk on the outside but remain silent right now. Remember, judges do prowl DCP and read what is said.

Liz is a great person and she knows about what she talks about.

I would, if I were you, back away from DCP forums for a while...lurk on the outside but remain silent right now. Remember, judges do prowl DCP and read what is said.

Liz is a great person and she knows about what she talks about.

I imagine she is a great person, usually anyone that gets involved in this activity is a great person! Thank you for your advice, but i already work hard at my show, if there is any place in my show that you think I need improving on persoanlly, feel free to let me know and I will practice it all night!

IMO people need to relax, be able to read apost, not respond irrationaly (not saying this was done) and as Brassjhfdhjfdh said have a coversation with each other instead of confrontation.

I imagine she is a great person, usually anyone that gets involved in this activity is a great person! Thank you for your advice, but i already work hard at my show, if there is any place in my show that you think I need improving on persoanlly, feel free to let me know and I will practice it all night!

IMO people need to relax, be able to read apost, not respond irrationaly (not saying this was done) and as Brassjhfdhjfdh said have a coversation with each other instead of confrontation.

Here's what I think is funny! I wrote a reply which did NOT mean you should work on your show...you misconstrued what I wrote. I said to "back up and take a really good look at just YOUR CORPS." Notice I did not say you. I will forever be a supporter of The Crusaders however, what I see score-wise bothers me. I pray the corps works to improve to make the top 12.

Actually what really is funny is I am doing my Masters right now and one of our classes is on communication and I talked about, without naming DCP, how written communication could be misconstrued and put into a negative light. I know you work hard and I would bet everyone in your corps does too, but sometimes we have to back up, look at the whole picture analyzing what may be wrong with that picture. Have fun this year and HEY..I am on your side!