Current DCA Standings

There is no point. It's fun anyway. And some people get far too hung up on the fact that there is no point, therefore spoiling some of the fun.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. This is, after all, a discussion board. Everyone on this board is, to some degree, an armchair director (unless they're one of the few actual directors that talk frequently here).

Yep,

just trying to have fun and some intelligent discussion.

thanks!

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll throw some discussion at this.

There are many sides to this coin. Yes, different dynamics play into each show and yes, the line up at each show plays into it but another point would be that theoretically, the judges have been trained and are looking at the same sheets. Having said that, I also realize each judge brings their own set of history, interpretation, and expectations to each show and each group. It's that whole human nature thing.

On a slightly related and very exciting note to me, it was only back in 2001 when CV and Brigs shared the field in exhibition at Finals in Syracuse as we were Class A Champions and they were Open Class Champs. One of the highlights of my drum corps and musical careers was watching Gino Cipriani run that hornline. The music just flowed through him and the performers that night. Incredible. What's exciting is that we're where we are today just a few short years later.

Finally, it doesn't mean Mr Pronti's first name until we all get on the field together in Rochester. Looking forward to it.

Come check out CV at the Georgia Dome this Saturday at the DCI show (on DCA sheets?) and the Rockmart show Aug 5th.

If the scores are not high, then Hurcs and CV are in a postion to vie for a top five spot.

It seems like this would be BIG news (esp for those 2 corps), if everyone really buys the scores at Arnold.

Before I get any more small minds knocking me for simply asking this question; this IS NOT a knock on any corps at the show, or a suggestion that any of these corps can't place at DCA.

So, if the scores are for real, why isn't there more buzz about Hurcs and CV jumping 7 points in a week and moving ahead of Brigs?

I would not be shocked to see CV get its highest placement ever this year. I've been a part of or seen every CV show since 2000 and I can say this is the best "total package" they have ever put together. In past years, this would probably be a Top 6 show, but everyone is raising their game, so we'll just have to see where the chips fall Labor Day Weekend.

And, yes, the Hurcs are good. I've only followed DCA since 2000. This is the best overall production I have seen out of them during that span of time. Where will they finish? Who knows? Everyone can have an opinion on it. I don't have an informed opinion since I have not seen the corps that others appear to put in the upper echelon. And, of course, the Midwest and West Coasters will again be X factors that could really shake things up.

It is also interesting to look at the corps that appear to be floating around the "lower echelon" of Open Class. Might there be a new Top 10 face this year? That wouldn't surprise me either.

Edited by 00Sop

If the scores are not high, then Hurcs and CV are in a postion to vie for a top five spot.

It seems like this would be BIG news (esp for those 2 corps), if everyone really buys the scores at Arnold.

Before I get any more small minds knocking me for simply asking this question; this IS NOT a knock on any corps at the show, or a suggestion that any of these corps can't place at DCA.

So, if the scores are for real, why isn't there more buzz about Hurcs and CV jumping 7 points in a week and moving ahead of Brigs?

different panel, different show dynamics. once all are together, it's all relative

My feeling is the same. And I suspect (though, I admit it is a barely-informed observation- so don't flame me) that the scores MAY tend to be higher at a show in the absense of the top few corps.

We'll see in a couple of weeks when the mix is different, and I'll be all wet, or closer to being right about this.

It's tiresome to have to do this, but... THIS IS NO KNOCK ON THE HURCS OR CV, just an observation about the comparative scores for the weekend. I have no dog in the fight, and as a fan, watching the out-of-town scores is part of the activity. And comparative scores IS ACTUALLY THE SUBJECT OF THIS VERY POST! If you you can't compare scores from different shows,at least for discussion, what is the point of the rankings at the start of this post?

And in the absence of anyone else commenting on this, I am either WAY off or it's yet another DCP NO-NO to mention whether a score might be high or not.

read my review dude. i mentioned where i thought placements were ( IMO) wrong

Not a big change... RCR had a show in Modesto tonight. Dropped a couple points, but in the grand scheme of things they didn't move.

Note: Corps not attending DCA Championships are in italics

1. Buccaneers 88.350 (Lewisburg, PA July 22)

2. Empire Statesmen 86.500 (Lewisburg, PA July 22)

3. Bushwackers 84.925 (Lewisburg, PA July 22)

4. Caballeros 84.750 (Lewisburg, PA July 22)

5. Hurricanes 79.725 (Arnold, MD July 22)

6. CorpsVets 79.413 (Arnold, MD July 22)

7. Minnesota Brass 78.380 (Stillwater, MN July 10)

8. Brigadiers 78.263 (Lewisburg, PA July 22)

9. Renegades 75.225 (Sunnyvale, CA July 15)

10. Carolina Gold 73.463 (Clifton, NJ July 15)

River City Regiment 70.220 (Modesto, CA July 26)

11. Kilties 70.175 (Indianapolis, IN July 8)

12. Music City Legend 70.125 (Arnold, MD July 22)

13. Crusaders 69.600 (Lewisburg, PA July 22)

14. Sunrisers 69.075 (Arnold, MD July 22)

15. Skyliners 69.050 (Arnold, MD July 22)

16. SoCal Dream 68.990 (Sunnyvale, CA July 15)

17. White Sabers 64.575 (Lewisburg, PA July 22)

18. Chops Inc. 62.688 (Mankato, MN July 11)

19. Govenaires 62.088 (Mankato, MN July 11)

would like to see a review, but I've missed it. (prob just don't know where to look)

Is it on this forum somewhere?

Jeff's review of Lewisburg

Oh, I see. He was referring to his critique of the scores at lewisburgh. I was writing about the scores at Arnold, and thought that he meant THAT show. Of course, he couldn't have seen both.