Current DCA Standings

And there's nothing wrong with being the underdog.

Speed of lightning, roar of thunder,

Fighting all who rob or plunder...

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgive my ignorance but I don't see the DCA scores, just DCI.

Really? that's weird because it's right there, in every messages...

This is what is included in every emails:

**** DCI Division I - Based on Newest Score ****

**** DCI Division II - Based on Newest Score ****

**** DCI Division III - Based on Newest Score ****

****Average of Last 5 Shows - Division I DCI Corps****

**** DCA Senior Corps - Based on Newest Score ****

It's a the bottom, but it's there!

I didn't read all replies, so maybe it was mentionned, but there is a Yahoo group that provides score rankings like that for DCI, and DCA. I receive an email everytime there is a new show with the updated rankings for all categories. Pretty cool.

You can join the group there:

Drum Corps Scores and Rankings

thanks for the link.

There seems to be some discrepancy on the scores on that page and the scores on the Dynasty sponcered board.

I wonder which is right?

Edited by camel lips

10 Kilties 70.2

1 River City Regiment 72.4

2 SoCal Dream 69.0

Actually, by DCA rules RCR would edge the Kilties out of Open Class finals, leaving SoCal Dream to lead the Class A pack.

thanks for the link.

There seems to be some discrepancy on the scores on that page and the scores on the Dynasty sponcered board.

I wonder which is right?

The Dynasty scores board has weighted scores and unweighted scores. Whatever that means. The unweighted scores match the Yahoo board and DCI.org

Edited by Brigscontrachik05

The Dynasty scores board has weighted scores and unweighted scores. Whatever that means. The unweighted scores match the Yahoo board and DCI.org

Weighted Scores are an average of the last 3 or 5 shows (I fogot which).

FYI-the July 29th show in Houston is NOT an offical competition anymore because we only have 2 DCA corps (Along with a bunch of other folks). We will have some local judges give us feedback and we will have some awards to give out that night. The first "Offical DCA" show for Gulf Coast Sound will be Aug 5th. I am not sure about Frontier...Anyone?

First official score now that Houston has changed will be AUg 19th in MN

The show website still lists retreat with the added explanation that there is an awards ceremony. Plus, there's two other corps in exhibition. So I'd guess that the judges might be out there anyway, so may as well score them.

Today it just says a DCA exhibition - I didn't see anything about a contest. Here's the link to Brass On The Bayou. http://www.gulfcoastsound.org/brassonthebayou.html

Ooops! Didn't read our elustrious director's post before coming back to edit from yesterday. Hey, It's all good! Anticipation makes the heart grow fonder! or something like that...

Edited by jdheere

Here's the official explanation: http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/statistics/how.htm.

Here's the synopsis: They take the last four scores, multiply them so that the most recent carries the most weight, and then add them. So, with scores A, B, C, and D (with A the most recent), they do the followign foumula:

(Ax.5) + (Bx.25) + (Cx.15) + (Dx.1) = Weighted Score

Basically, what the most recent score was has the most weight, but the other previous scores still count as well. Supposedly this is a bit more of a realistic snapshot when looking at corps across the nation under different judging panels on different nights. Whatever. I'm just as happy taking the most recent score and getting a quick snapshot of the rankings that way. Doesn't really matter until Labor Day Weekend, right?

Today it just says a DCA exhibition - I didn't see anything about a contest. Here's the link to Brass On The Bayou. http://www.gulfcoastsound.org/brassonthebayou.html

If you go to the schedule, it still says "Award Ceremony". But, Mr. Green did say that his corps now won't get a score until August 19. So, I'm willing to take the word of a corps director about what's going on with his unit and just assume that GCS didn't really think it necessary to change that part on the schedule.