Current DCA Standings

It starts getting real exciting seeing it all like that! I can't wait to see where the other corps will drop into the mix.

Since Heat Wave isn't making the Houston show on the 29th, I'm wondering if that show will become an exhibition instead of a judged contest? That would put Frontier and Gulf Coast Sound's first show off for another few weeks I think.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It starts getting real exciting seeing it all like that! I can't wait to see where the other corps will drop into the mix.

Since Heat Wave isn't making the Houston show on the 29th, I'm wondering if that show will become an exhibition instead of a judged contest? That would put Frontier and Gulf Coast Sound's first show off for another few weeks I think.

The show website still lists retreat with the added explanation that there is an awards ceremony. Plus, there's two other corps in exhibition. So I'd guess that the judges might be out there anyway, so may as well score them.

[

Confusion: Shenandoah Sound lists themselves as attending the Arnold show, but the DCA site doesn't. Which is correct?

We are officially in exhibition only. We will not be competing this season since our membership numbers are not sufficient to field a competitive show. We are planning to participate in mini-corps in Rochester and take the time to focus on building for 2007.

We are officially in exhibition only. We will not be competing this season since our membership numbers are not sufficient to field a competitive show. We are planning to participate in mini-corps in Rochester and take the time to focus on building for 2007.

Keen. Good luck to you, then!

The Empire Statesmen scored a 100 on the work :angry2: , heat :o , fun :worthy: , and food :laugh: index in Salem, Ohio!

The Jackson Generals were brought to my attention... They're competing in Rockmart at the DCA South Championship, but since they're not heading out to Rochester I put them in italics (like RCR).

Why can't DCP do a ranking system for DCA? We have such a lighter schedule I think it would even require less maintanance and time then the DCI one. Can this be done? Or does someone want to volunteer to start a thread to do it in the forum?

Not it!! (touches nose) :worthy:

Why can't DCP do a ranking system for DCA? We have such a lighter schedule I think it would even require less maintanance and time then the DCI one. Can this be done? Or does someone want to volunteer to start a thread to do it in the forum?

Curious myself and not exactly recalling the previous conversation I had, I just double-checked.

I have it on good authority that the issue is being worked on and that 2007 should bring much better support for DCA scores. If I'm wrong, may a foul ball strike me evilly in a wicked dream in some river city.

I asked, too. They said that their ranking system was created for DCI sheets, and that major tweaking would have to be done in order to include corps on DCA sheets. So, we wait until 2007 when they're projected to get things perfected.

As for a volunteer, I guess I'm that guy. At least, for overall scores. If anyone wants to take the time to sort through recaps and get something a bit more comprehensive, then by all means do it. Otherwise, I'll just keep updating the scores in the first post of this thread.

18. Sunrisers 58.075 (Dover, NJ July 1)

......in their first comp of the year, with an unfinished show, marching several blanks, with a major prop that was unfinished and with a score from two and a half weeks ago while most of the others listed are on their 3rd and 4th show already.

I know it's all in good fun, but it's sorta brutal throwing us in there under the above circumstances.

I'm just sayin'.......

:mellow: